Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 27 November 2017

T Stands For…the best….

I think  it's time to move on - I promise I will return to Bordeaux sometime!
First, as I am here for T Stands for Tuesday, I will show you my latest AJJ page for '101 Ways To Keep Warm'

As you know, Elizabeth requests that we share a drink related item, you can link here
I don't know about you, but I do enjoy my first coffee of the day, probably because I am usually in my pyjamas and it warms me up, but somehow it always tastes better too! Do tea drinkers feel the same way?
I have had this image - from a magazine advert for a while and this is a really quick page. I was trying to beat the fading daylight but in the end had to resort to a daylight lamp! I used Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Oxides for a tea/coffee stained look!(lots of spritzing and drying involved) I added some random stamping with a couple of Kaisercraft stamps and then added some inky splashes of Faded Corduroy DI. I wrote the heading with a couple of brush pens outlined with brown fine point pen.

Now to return to our travels!
I am actually going to jump ahead in our journey! As some of you may know, we also spent time with my SIL in Poitiers and there is plenty to show you there, but I am going to take you to one of the best places we have ever visited in Paris!
We decided to take a walk over to the St Germain area but on coming across this place we were fascinated!
We had seen mention of the church but understood it to be part of an enclosed military area.

The gates were firmly locked but as we walked across to get another view of the front we noticed a side gate with an intercom system - we buzzed and were allowed in!
The security was quite tight and we had to leave our ID with a gate man before being allowed in to another area to pay!
This was a model of the site with a modern military hospital behind the gardens.
This explains a little about the museum….
…and an unexpected hubby shot!
There was an amazing display of Apothecary containers.
The corridors were quite decorative.
There was old equipment on display with photos too...
 ...and reconstructed scenes from the hospital ..
 ..and field hospitals.
There were also models of some quite gruesome field scenes too.
..in glass cases…
We were not allowed out into the garden

…but I was allowed to take a shot of the inner courtyard - with an instruction to only point upwards!!! 
Finally, we couldn't help smiling at this reconstruction!!

We haven't even been in the church yet and up to this point had only seen curators! We had the museum to ourselves! 
Next time I will take you through these doors to the church! 

Happy T Day and Thanks for looking, Chris

22 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi I loved your journal page I think it is perfect.
You visit the neatest places-I enjoyed the museum, the grounds, and I really loved those apothecary jars.
thanks for sharing your journeys with us
Happy T Day Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This was the PERFECT T post, as well as the PERFECT AJJ post, too. I really love it.

What an amazing museum. I really enjoyed the hospital and the various instruments and rooms you were in. This looks like a place I could get lost in for days. And the gardens were incredible, too. I enjoyed seeing the Apothecary jars and the decorative corridors. This place might be my favorite so far of all the places you have visited in France. I enlarged the field scenes and they really WERE rather gruesome, but more than likely quite authentic. So glad you enjoyed this, because I really loved seeing these photos.

Thanks for sharing your photos of this Military Hospital in Paris, as well as your lovely AJJ and T Tuesday journal entry for T this nearly Tuesday.

Linda Kunsman said...

A beautiful cuppa journal page Chris-and I am SO with you on that first cup of coffee upon awakening!
The museum inside and out is amazing and I can't imagine having enough time to take it all in. I have only been through Poitiers without a stop and now do regret not asking to take a bit of time there. But thanks to you I get a glimpse of another lovely area of France.
Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

Love the cup. It's a great AJJ page. It's been a great month and I can't believe how quickly it's gone by. And what an interesting place in your photos today. You certainly saw some cool things. I have never been to this part of Paris but when I get back I am going to check it out. Have a happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

what a fabulous find, Chris! I don't know how you come across them.
the teacup journal page is fab, too - yes, the first cup of tea of the day is always the best.. Particularly at the weekend when I can take it back to bed!!

Valerie-Jael said...

The first coffee of the day is always the best, I'm drinking mine now, but then the second and third and...and...seem to get even better! Love our journal page, and the photos are wonderful. Those old apothecary jars are fabulous. You had a great holiday. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

your journaling page is perfect! i love this mug and the way how ads nowadays use These variations of Fonts, Looks great!
and i think i would love to visit this Museum - alone... because i´m sure i´d bore every Company to death with taking photos over photos... i love such things as apothecary stuff especially!
have a great week and happy t-day!

Redanne said...

Wow, what a great post Chris! I love your page, the coffee cup is a brilliant focal point. Yes, tea drinkers definitely feel the same way, the first cup is always the best!!!

Love your fabulous photos, those corridors look fabulous and although gruesome, those models look amazing and the apothecary jars are fantastic. Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

A super post Chris and I loved the journal page, magazine finds like this are great to finds for us all, though my first brew would be tea.
The photos of the Military Hospital were fantastic and I'm sure the church will be wonderful as well.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

I enjoyed both - the wonderful page and the visit to the museum! Unique - both!
Happy T-Day dear Chris!
oxo Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! I love the grungy background you created with the inks and stamps 😁. Lovely photos too, it's always fun travelling with you! Sending you happy T Day wishes! J 😊

Unknown said...

Hi its been a while I've finally had chance to catch up and look at all your great work! The photos are brill, and the turkeys made me smile. I like the girl you have painted, I'm terrible at faces. Hope your well and keeping safe and warm x x

CJ Kennedy said...

Your coffee cup sums up the first cup of tea, too. that museum is so cool. The apothecary jars are so pretty. Love the hedges in the garden trimmed to scrolls, and I wonder what was so secret in the courtyard that you had to take your photo pointing up? Happy T Day

Darla said...

Your art expresses just how I feel about that first cup of coffee in the morning. I need it to get my day started right. Enjoyed the photo's of your visit to the museum. So much to take in there. Nice that it wasn't crowded.

jinxxxygirl said...

Aaaahh love that journal page Chris... Its exactly how i feel about my coffee in the morning... Its more about how it makes me feel even more than how it tastes... Its the process of waking up and beginning my day... Wrapping my hands around a warm mug and prying my eyes open by the time i'm at the bottom of the cup..lol I wish i had your ability to travel...love seeing all your photos! Hugs!! deb

Divers and Sundry said...

That first coffee of the day is special, isn't it!

What a fascinating tour! An unexpected treat :) Happy T Tuesday

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, and I agree the first cup of coffee always hits the spot.
Amazing photos and how lovely to have the place to yourselves.
Avril xx

Lisca said...

Your coffee page is brilliant! But I am not a coffee person. I drink coffee, but not in the morning, rather I like it after dinner (which we have in the day, not in the evening). I drink (mint) tea in the morning. I also always have a glass of grapefruit juice by my bed at night, which usually has not been finished completely, so I drink that as soon as I wake up, even before i put the kettle on.
Thank you for taking us visiting the military hospital. Do you speak French that you can use the intercom? Lucky you. It is a magnificent place. I loved seeing the apothecary jars and all the displays. It was interesting to read about queen Anne of Austria. Looking forward to the next instalment.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love your coffee page, Chris. I think you made up for "just" using an image from a magazine with that gorgeous background!

You do the coolest things on vacation. I'm sure I would have missed the little side door of that beautiful church. Those apothecary jars are to-die-for. Stunning detail and flourishes.

Thank you for the marvelous tour!

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Rita said...

Your journal page made me smile. I love that first cup in the morning and it does taste better. ;)

Great pics--the gates, pottery, architecture, old hospital, doors, and courtyard! Fascinating trip. :)

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Fab journal page Chris and as a mainly tea drinker I can confirm that the first cuppa of the day is the best!
Hugs
Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a fabulous read this morning Chris, alongside my morning cuppa the perfect combination.. Has to be Tea when I wake followed by a good cup of coffee, I find they are my Yin & Yang and mould my day. Fabulous words and pictures Tour, I feel I was on the visit alongside you, amazing find I look forward to seeing what's inside those doors.
Warm Hugs & Wishes Tracey xx