Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 12 March 2018

T Stands For..........taking the tram

We are still waiting for our car to go to the garage to find why the warning lights keep coming on when we start off! We used the car once to go shopping but it took us 20 minutes to get it to run without the lights coming on so we have decided to leave it until we need to take it next Friday!
The other day we decided to go by bus to the tram stop and go to Sale Water Park - one stop along.
We often travel by bus to a different line to go to town, we are very lucky to have such great transport system in Manchester.
It was a lovely calm day and when we came back I was inspired to make this page in my small journal. 
The background is Distress oxides.
I drew in the buds on the trees. My masking didn't quite work out _ I forgot to mask around the legs!
I would like to enter in Rosie's theme of Spring at Art Journal Journey
Sale Water Park is on the site of a gravel pit and was used when the nearby motorway was built and then flooded.

It is quite a hike right around the lake but we had a plan to stop for coffee so we had a 'Spring' in our steps too!!!


It was great to see buds bursting!
We started off on quite a muddy path but we had decent walking footwear on so we were fine!


 The Heron thought we couldn't see him!!
This water skier was up and down the lake
We could see where we were headed for coffee on the other side !

 This was the biggest laugh we had - the black dog kept rolling in the mud - the owner said it's his 'thing'!! He reminded me of Timmy,  a dog we owned when I was a child!

The swan didn't seem to mind the waterskier at all
 Time now to join Bluebeard and Elizabeth for T stand For Tuesday!
We called in to Deckers which is usually very busy at weekends but on Friday was quiet, with only two other tables occupied by coffee drinkers, although as we left more folk were coming in, 
Hubby has his patient smile look....but not here!
This is his 'amuse the grandchildren' look!He makes me smile too!!
On the way out we spotted the menu! We might time another visit to fit in with the lunch time!!!
On with our walk back to the tram now..
 Quite a few pairs of geese around, and gulls of course!
 We shall soon have a path to walk on as they are making it wheelchair friendly from the car park.
I wish I had taken my camera, as my phone camera couldn't quite pick up the Buzzard that landed in the tree in front of the visitor centre, which sadly was shuttered up.
We didn't have long to wait for a tram either!
We hadn't been to this place for a while, but are looking forward to seeing it change through the seasons.

It would be great to see you over at Elizabeth's blog if you have a drink related post - it doesn't have to be TEA!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

25 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

awe, what a lovely journal page to depict your walk about Sale Water park. Love all the birds you see along your way. Must have been a brave water skier because I imagine that water is quite cold! And oh- that dog was having fun in the mud- but OMG- the cleanup...hi to smilin hubby, and a happy T day all around!

My name is Erika. said...

I love that journal page. Perfect for the geese you saw on that nice. It looks like a good place for a stroll, but a water skier already. I hope they have a wetsuit on because I can't image the water is that warm in March. And silly pups. I have one who likes to roll and one who would like to swim. :) Have a happy T day! Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely post and I do love it when you ladies share so many glorious photos from across the pond.
I had to re follow you again Chris for some reason it was not there anymore.xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

kathyinozarks said...

I really enjoyed seeing all of your photos. and I really love your journal page very beautiful.
that would be nice to hop a bus and a train to visit places. we are pretty isolated where I live and don't like to drive all that much.
Happy T Day

Helen said...

what a great Spring journal page - and you can see the inspiration easily. the lunch menu looks great, and very reasonable, so I hope next time you go,you can stop for lunch.

Valerie-Jael said...

That was a lovely nature place you went to on the tram. I do all of my travelling on buses and trams these days, and I do enjoy it - except if it's too full. Your journal page is lovely, and seems to be inspired by the lake you visited, Glad you both had such a fun time. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous journal page and what a beautiful park you visited . I can see from your photos where the inspiration came from for your page.
It is amazing how the swan seemed happy with that water skier using the water. I imagine they are quite used to the situation.
Happy T day wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

An adorable page dear Chris! Thanks a lot for another fabulous entry linked to Rosie's theme and what beautiful photos from the beautiful park! Love the swans and how happy they are in this beautiful surrounding!
Your hubby as always is such a lovely joker!
Happy T-Day !
HUgs, Susi

johanna said...

a wonderful walk in this beginning spring... with heron and swans ♥... grinning about the dog in the mud, thanks god i do not have to clean him;)
your journal page is awesome! and actually, the legs would have been too thin to mask, so not worth mentioning... the mood it transports is great, i like the washed background coloring!
have a great t-day and week. (and fingers crossed for your car...)

Let's Art Journal said...

Thanks for the smiles today! I love your page and can see how you were inspired by your walk and seeing all the trees in bud 😁. The soft Oxide background looks so beautiful too! Thanks for all your kind wishes on my blog and wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

Cath Wilson said...

It's a great page and that looks like a great place to go for a walk!

Cath x

jinxxxygirl said...

Chris always nice to go for a walk with you and hubby. I have a soft spot for canadian geese with their white chin straps... Your ArtJournal page is just beautiful. Love how you added the buds to remind yourself that everything was starting to bud out.

So nice of your hubby to participate in your T party photo shoots. Being around someone who can make you smile is priceless. Happy happy T day Chris ! Hugs! deb

Divers and Sundry said...

I hope your car is ok. Mine is so old that when lights come on it's often a problem with the light itself lol. What a lovely place for a walk! The restaurant menu looks good. Happy T Tuesday

craftytrog said...

Lovely photos of your trip to the park Chris, and a beautiful page too!
Happy T-Day, Alison xxx

sirkkis said...

Love your charming page, there is something which makes it very appeal.
Your scenery photos are gorgeous and thanks for a smile with some of others, :)) Have a happy evening xx

Carol said...

Love your journal page ♥♥ It's so great that you have a good public transportation system there! Out here in the country if the vehicle isn't running I'm stuck at home. Which has it's advantages too sometimes. Your husband always makes me smile too.
Happy T Day!
Carol

Lisca said...

What a lovely journal page. And looking at the phtos of the lake and your walk, I can imagine you were inspired.
I enjoyed the photos of the walk. It was as if I was on the walk with you.
The waterskier surprised me. I would have thought the water was a bit cold.
I agree that the menu of the cafe looks really good. A jacket potato and a hot drink are always a good lunch idea.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was just about to leave a comment when my internet went down. I tried everything I knew to get it back, so decided to call AT&T. However, when I tried to use the phone, all I got was static, so I knew it was something on their end. It’s very frustrating playing the waiting game. SO glad I did, though.

I enjoyed your walk that inspired your beautiful spring inspired journal page. Thank you for sharing this lovely Art Journal Journey entry with us.

I also enjoyed seeing T with his patient and goofy poses. So glad you shared these with us, along with your tram ride and coffee with us for T this Tuesday. So sorry I was late visiting.


Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Using Ditress Oxide ink for the sky was a great idea. It's very effective, Chris. I don't know a lot of (advanced) stamping techniques, so I'm trying to figure out your process on this lovely page. I could use a lesson on masking out parts to create layers like you've done ;-)

This is early spring in your area, right, and people are out water skiing?! We had a dog who loved to roll in the mud. The cows roam freely and horses clop down the cobblestone streets here. So Princess often came back into the house stinking to high heaven.

Hubby's "amuse the grandchildren" face worked for me too. I'm still giggling.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page looks like one of the photographs you took of your walk around the lake. Such a beautiful spot. I enjoyed all the scenery, but the picture of your hubster making his amuse the grandchildren face, amused me too. I needed the smile as I was feeling bleak after looking out my window and seeing snow, snow, and more snow. At the rate we're going Spring won't arrive until July. Happy T Day

Sharon Madson said...

Your journal page is beautifully done. I love working with oxides, myself. Lovely photos. Oh, my goodness, I wish it was water skiing weather here! Happy T Day!

Marjut said...

Beautiful journal page!

Gibby Frogett said...

Lovely journal page to compliment your photos Chris. Your masking looks fine to me - love the geese.
Those dogs were certainly having fun, not so much for the owner later when trying to clean them I imagine :) Looks like you have some wonderful place to go walking.
Hope your car is well again soon too.
Gill xx

Kate Yetter said...

Your journal page is a lovely way to commemorate your trip to the park. I am loving all the pictures. It must have been a relaxing day.
Belated Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Rosie said...

A wonderful page, Linda and I love your photos

Thank you for sharing it at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY