Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 21 December 2017

Thursday This and That….including that film report….

I have been slowing down a little, having bought all of my Christmas gifts (well, apart from some gift cards for those difficult members of the family(you know who you are!!!)
I have had time to look back over my busy week to show you some of the things I missed! 
First of all, the fabulous paper cut card my middle son made for me..

It is quite a large box card and after the Christmas cards come down it will be on permanent display! It looks different from every angle and I am so honoured that he made it for me!

Next is a bargain shop I had on Sunday!
This is not an advert for a Sparks card but if you don't have one I would highly recommend that you do (this is only for UK readers here)
We called in to M and S at Middlebrook for some food and to spend a voucher that was due to expire on Sunday!

We spotted some items for gifts and also some Christmas decorations too!

Here is my receipt…
The assistant serving us was almost as excited as we were!!

I have also completed a journal page that began like this..
 I made this way back in August but don't remember what I had in mind...
..but I am quite pleased that it was beside me on it's side when I saw…. funky Christmas foliage!! I added some red and blue using my Inktense crayons and water and then some black and white pen doodles…just right for my Paper Artsy Elenazinskiart stamps to celebrate Christmas, I used my greeting stamp upside down too as  that bird looks although he is trying to avoid an Oh! Oh! Oh! moment!!
I am joining Sheila at Art Journal Journey with her theme of "Lets Celebrate!"

Now, for Neet, and anyone else who is interested, we went to see the  new Star Wars film - The Last Jedi on Tuesday!
I was a bit concerned when I saw the length of the film so made sure I went to the loo first(sorry if that's too much information!)
I remember seeing the first Star Wars film (in fact I won a trip for my class by entering their art work in a competition)and to me this was just as exciting as that first one, although two of the key actors from that first film have aged too!!(I won't spoil it if you don't already know who they are!)
There is a proper story to this and could be seen as a one off although there are references to previous events. There will be another film to follow, but hubby tells me it will be the last!

If you are still with me I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas if you don't return here before Sunday!

Thanks for looking, Chris
    


14 comments:

Helen said...

I have a Sparks card, but have never managed to save anywhere near as much! never seem to need the things on offer! Well done.
Your card from your son is fabulous - what a labour of love!
Wishing you and T a very happy Christmas - although i am sure I'll be back before.

Valerie-Jael said...

Congrats on the savings, wow! Love the card from your son. Great journal page, too. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Wow, Chris that was an amazing shop with all those savings.
The card from your son looks great, I can see why you will want to keep it on display. Its a wonderful happy journal page as well.
Happy Christmas wishes Chris, in case I don't call in later this week.
Hope you and the family have a super time and a good New Year.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like I need to move to the UK and get a Sparks card. Sounds like that was quite a bargain.

I am in LOVE with your awesome birthday card your son created for you. It is simply OUT OF THIS WORLD. He has mad cutting skills. Totally awesome.

I also like your darling Art Journal Journey entry. I think those little creatures are so fun and I love the HO and OH. You colored them SO well, too. Thanks for sharing them with us at Art Journal Journey and Sheila's challenge.

froebelsternchen said...

Your ""Zinskiart - Chris""
page is AMAZING -- so happy and fun - you are such a fantistic artist with your ideas and how you put them into practice!Thank you very much for joining and supporting AJJ again my friend!
Oh wow - your son is an artsy crafter as well - what an absolute fantastic card for mum! AMAZING! I can imagine that you feel honoured about this gorgeous card.
My hubby gets 70 in 2018 - I will look to get inspired to make him a special card for his 70th Birthday as well - but no idea yet... have to look at Pinterest to get inspiration.
What a bargain - wow!
I am so sad that M&S left Austria completely in 2001 -
they had some shops here 20 years ago and I so loved to buy my bras at M&S at those time. They had the bestlooking models for bigger cup sizes for a good price.
As I was in London 3 years ago I bought nearly 7 at the sales at M&S!
Great you had fun at the cineam - I am not a Star Wars / Enterprise fan at all, don't know why ?! But I now always think of you when I see Hugh Grant!(lol)
Very Merry Christmas dear Chris!
oxo
Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Your shopping bill was so amazing, that's real value for money for all those great gifts 😁. Your Christmas foliage looks wonderful with those fun cute birds and the "oh,oh,oh" made me smile too - perfect! Thanks for the review on the new Star Wars film, I was wondering if it would be any good so I've included it on my to watch list ...lol 😀. Merry Christmas! J 😊

My name is Erika. said...

That is an amazing card Chris. Your son must have got his talent from you. :) And wow, that is a huge amount of savings on your bill. The store is really saying Happy Christmas! And lastly, very nice journal page. Have a fantastic holiday. :) Hugs-Erika

Carol said...

Oh My!!!! That card is truly amazing!!! The patience and details to complete are a true work of art. Goes to show how much he loves his Mum!!! Love your journal page too and what a bargain shopper you are ♥
Wishing you the Merriest of Christmas and a Blessed New Year!!!!

Rita said...

That card is absolutely gorgeous!! I can see why you would want it on permanent display. :)

Always love bargains--and your journal spread is so cute!!

I have always liked the very first Star Wars the best so I will be looking forward to seeing this new movie.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!! :)

sheila 77 said...

That is a terrific 70's card, your son is obviously an artist too. I have never been able to work out just he can make these cuts so neatly and perfectly. I can see that you will always keep this.
Isn't it great how your foliage turned into Christmas trees and then these amusing "people" turned up. They are keeping an eye on that over-active bird, I think. Many thanks for Celebrating with this super fun page.
It's always amazing when a store gives one a discount after we have bought something, such a nice surprise.
Happy Christmas if I don't "see" you before then.

chrissie said...

An amazing card and definitely a keeper.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas

Thank you for your card

Love Chrissie xx

Rike said...

This is a fabulous paper cut card - your son is an artist like his mother, because your journal page is also very beautiful and brought a smile on my face for these little cute fellows!
An amazing discount!
Wish you a happy Christmas time!
Rike x

Mrs.B said...

What a fabulous card Chris and a perfect keepsake.
I enjoy using my Sparks card, but have never managed a saving like that. Love the journal page, such fun images.
Avril xx

catherine said...

Lovely card Chris
Wow what savings you made on your shopping ttear and will aim to improve next year I hope!11
Wishing you and your family a very merry christmas and all the best for the new year.
Hopefully we will get to meet again at AFTH-it would be lovely to see you again!!
x catherine