Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 2 November 2017

Just two seconds…….

It's time for my second page for Art Journal Journey where my chosen theme is '101 ways to keep warm'. Thank you for the encouraging comments! 
This is in my large Dylusions journal. I scraped different fiery coloured Paper Artsy Fresco paints down the page onto which I stamped row upon row of a Carabelle Studio border stamp and some text.
The image is one I found in a magazine. I stamped the words with Kasia's Everything Art 05 set from Paper Artsy using brown ink which I then outlined and drew in flames.
  
I stencilled a Dylusions border, doodled a bit and then added some Stickles for a glittery effect.
Health and Safety note - I do not recommend dancing in fire to keep warm - just dancing should do the trick!!!!

It's also time for a Second Look on the 2nd over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog - The Altered Booklover
I have a post of something I made at our caravan back in 2012

SATURDAY, 24 NOVEMBER 2012


Just because...

I love this face stamp from Inkylicious, and I love making tags and this stamp is going to get a lot of use! Here I've smooched the tag in a distress mixture of Weathered Wood and Worn Lipstick then sprayed with Perfect pearls. The stamp has a lovely swirl on one side which I used separately at the top then the face part of the stamp at the bottom using grey ink. The peace stamp is part of a Lost Coast Designs stamp. I then used some mop up kitchen roll to make torn leaves around the edge(phaffing about as hubby puts it)
 Some ribbons and layered flowers from my little collection that I have up here just finished it off.
Earlier in the week Hels Sunday Stamper challenge was about faces, I hope I'm not too late with this but we went off to the Dickensian Festival in Ulverston today and stayed longer than we intended - an event well worth attending!
Back to today and we have been without a fridge or freezer since last Thursday - although we did escape to the caravan to spend time with son and grandchildren. Since we came back we have used a cool bag - a man came on Tuesday and said he had to order a part and would be back today! We had a phone call this morning to say the part was defective and he would now declare it unrepairable and we would have to go and choose a new one…..after we have had a phone call from the insurance company…we are waiting!!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

oh no I hope you get a new fridge and freezer soon-hugs.
loved your post Happy second on the 2nd Kathy

Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic keeping warm page. The colors are so bold and beautiful in your background. I started some pages yesterday and now I am waiting for them to dry and me to come home from work to work on them :) Love your second look too. The face seems to be almost ghost like. Happy day. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

Your page is amazing! I love how you have personalized the letters and the depth you achieved in the background! Reminds me of my teenage time - as we had our disco evenings and dance parties - This song by the Doors is #35 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

Hope you can sing instead of "light my fire"
>>>GOT MY FREEZER<<<<
soon!

Happy Thursday dear Chris!
oxo Susi

froebelsternchen said...

And of course - the second look tag is so soft and beautiful!!!
Happy Second on the 2nd Chris!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your warm page. great background. Sorry about the fridge and freezer! Lucky it's not summer. Hugs, Valerie

nanskidrewski said...

Love your art. The light my fire page certainly exudes warmth and fire. Happy 2nd on the 2nd!

Anonymous said...

wonderful this journal Page and the background is great and the border so beautiful!
Greetings Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm going to be singing that song all day long, now. The depth of this page is fabulous. I love the dancing lady, too. It's a fabulous AJJ entry.

Your second look is one I've not seen before, but I'm really impressed with the beauty of the woman and the way you outlined the tag with flowers and ribbons. Thanks for sharing this as your second look on the 2nd.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention that I hope you get your new freezer soon and won't have to shop for groceries every day. Insurance calls seem to be a waiting game and they love to keep you hanging on and jumping through hoops!

Helen said...

oh what a pain with your fridge freezer! I am waiting for my gas oven to pack up - well the door at least - the door catch is getting a bit dodgy.. mind you it's the one we bought when we first bought this place so it hasn't done too bad! 30 years and counting.

Helen said...

oh, and what a fab page!! how could I forget to comment.

Meggymay said...

The colours on your fabulous journal page are really warming to look at.
It is a beautiful dancing figure you used as well.
Yvonne xx

Pamellia said...

What a beautiful page Chris! The background is gorgeous, those really look like flames! Wonderful doodle work, the border and sentiment look fantastic!

Yipes, no fridge or freezer! I sure do hope you can get it replaced soon, it must be such a pain in the butt to keep groceries! sending hugs :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Sorry to hear you're roughing it without a fridge or freezer, Chris! Did it get damaged during a storm? Good luck getting it fixed or replaced soon.

Love your Light My Fire page and how the journaling shows through but quite faintly.

The second look tag is absolutely beautiful. I love the face stamp from Inkylicious and the soft look you created for her.

Happy 2nd on the 2nd! Hugs, Eileen

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - that page should certainly keep you warm (though it sounds as though you've more need to keep things cold at the moment - hope they sort out your fridge soon, with a non-defective spare part!)... amazing fiery colours. (Am I imagining it, or was there a Duran Duran song called Dance into the Fire? I think it was a Bond theme... otherwise I wouldn't know anything about it.) Lovely to see that delicate tag again too.
Alison x

Rike said...

What wonderful warm colors! Yes, dancing alone would make warm enough, but the fire heatens it up too! Thank you for sharing how you created this page!
The tag looks lovely with fine colors.