Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 9 April 2017

A tag and more artmarks

We were lucky to get some sunshine while we were away at our caravan so instead of heading to a public garden on Thursday we stayed in our own and did some chores!! Well, by the time hubby had washed the decking and the car I had done quite a lot! Anyone with any sense would not have carried on, but me…..once I get started I want to finish the job, so after a sandwich lunch and a little rest I went out to carry on! Hubby came to help and was quite satisfied with what we had done! Would I heed his advice to stop? No, consequently I am still aching - although it is easing slightly!
The garden looks a lot tidier now too!!


I sat at the table (settee too low for my aching legs) and made a tag for Go Tag Thursday, where the theme  'Stamp it' got me thinking about friends in the USA, in fact the stamp was on a package from one of those friends a while ago! The tag I used is a chopped off large tag(forgotten what I used the bottom part for)
Some of you may recognise that the background was made with Distress Oxides - for the edges I dabbed the pad onto a block, spritzed a little and dragged the edges through the ink then spritzed the edges again - I loved the effect of the ink as it spread !

I have also been keeping up wth Rae Missigman's 30day artworks challenge and quite enjoying thinking of ways to portray the prompt
Here are 4 more pages.
 Day 5 - the prompt was 'round' I don't know what I was thinking when I stamped the colour wheel circle at home but once we were there I had to go with it ! 
 Day 6 was 'black and white' I stamped some small flowers through a Paper Artsy Kim Dellow stencil then stamped some of her stems and coloured them black!
 The prompt on Day 7 was 'arrow like' I have been carving some of my own stamps on odd occasions when we are up there so the heart was my first thought then I added some pointy Paper Artsy Elenazinskiart pointy leaves and some doodling
Yesterday (day 8) was 'filled'. It was quite late when we got home last night so I used my fingers to add some paint  to the page, then doodled the leaves with a selection of 'gold' pens and filled in the gaps with a black Wink of Stella pen while I watched TV

I have tried to keep up with blogs although there were a few that I couldn't comment on as the connection dropped so I will be  checking this out soon! 

It's good to be home but guess what……..it's not for long!!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris


12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you didn't get bored at the weekend....lovely tag and great 'marked' pages, glad you are having fun. Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

you are such a gad about!! you've been very busy - both craftily and in the garden!

Meggymay said...

Sounds like you have been busy, we never know when to stop, but have to say I can these days.
Your art work looks fantastic and so does your tag in the earlier post.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

The garden looks beautiful Chris, and I hope you're feeling better.
Great artwork and I love the tag in the previous post too.
Avril xx

Sandra Wright. said...

I read your comment and was all set to add your link & Tag for you when I noticed you had uploaded it successfully.
What a lovely Tag it is too..so happy that you have joined in with the challenge this week at Go Tag Thursday...x

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous job done in the garden, it looks beautiful as does your art pieces too. Great job all round Chris, have a great week xxx

chrissie said...

Lots of fantastic crafty projects and a wonderful garden with amazing views. Such a happy post Chris. I hope your aches and pains ease soon

Love Chrissie xx

My name is Erika. said...

Wow- you've had a busy weekend. Your garden is so cheery and spring like with the daffodils and all the green. We are so far behind you. I love all the art, but the leaves especially. They glisten which is really pretty. Hve a great new week. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

You did amazing work - in the garden and
at the arty workdesk! Superb!Happy new week!

Sandy said...

Your garden looks fantastic - and your tag too. I love your journal pages -- you have been so busy - you are a super woman!!!
Sandy xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGosh, I've missed a lot, apparently. I love your tag, but most of all I love your beautiful art you are making every day. You are one unique stamper.

HMMM. That stamp looks familiar, especially since it is discontinued.

The package you sent came today. I would have told you sooner, but Scott was working on my blog from his place, and I shut my computer down. I haven't opened it yet, but the postal people got it to me before the 22nd. The sad news is, the postal person put a BLACK SHARPIE through all the stamps. Not sure I'll be able to use them, now. But I want to thank you, and will open the package on my birthday. I apologize, but will all the problems I've had this week, I still haven't gotten your package in the mail. I'm not a very good person, am I?

sarascloset said...

Wow, your garden is amazing! Yup, it's a lot of hard work...we are in the process of some spring garden cleaning, and it's not as easy as it was for me 5 years ago, that's for sure!

All of your pages are gorgeous, I do love the one with the color wheel; the quote is perfect! And your tag is lovely; you've done a great job with the DOX. I love the edging technique and use that quite often...I think I'm starting to like my DOX, but I'm not quite at the love stage yet. Sending hugs!