Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Playtime!!!

We had intended being away today but had to wait in for a plumber so decided to stay here and play!
Hubby is sorting his CD's and I have made a tag!
I was intrigued by the ways of masking that had been shown on Paper Artsy's 'Masks' Challenge post and then on seeing Gabrielle's method of using ripped paper I had an inkling of an idea - unfortunately it didn't work as well as I would have liked.
I am a lot happier with this tag though!
Started by ripping some low tack tape and sticking it onto a kraft tag - I dabbed Paper Artsy Little Black Dress fresco paint over the tag.
Once dry the tape was removed and I stamped some of the elements from Lin Brown's Eclectica set ELB29
I stamped one of current fave stamps PA Elanzinskiart ZA07 onto some book paper - hubby's old Tales of King Arthur and as the paper fell after I had cut out the part of the image I needed I spotted some words that I just had to use with this stamp!

 All I had to do was add some ink around the edge to make it show up! 
It was only as I photographed my tag that I realised that the Tuxedo black Memento ink I used to stamp the elements had shown up brown on the black paint - I like that!!

As well as entering in Paper Artsy's Topic 2 - Masks challenge…..

…..I would like to enter A Vintage Journey February Challenge - Words that are special - words that jump out from a page are definitely special to me…

and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking, Chris

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful tag, I love the subdues tones, well don. And did the plumber come? Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wow - a fantastic tag Chris! AMAZING technique!

chrissie said...

A terrific tag and thank you for sharing how you made it

Hope the plumber came

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Love this colour combination Chris. its a fantastic tag and the words are great.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Another fantastic tag Chris.

Helen said...

What a fabulous tag, I love the book page used for Elena's flowers, (also a favourite of mine!) The end result is wonderful.

geezercrafter said...

Fab tag, love the ripped low tack tape. The flower is stunning against the background.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I simply adore what you did with the stamps. You made this entire tag so unique. I adore the flowers, too.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous tag Chris! Great effects! xxx

Words and Pictures said...

A great technique and an absolutely brilliant tag. I so love the book page flower and then the book words popping out. Great to have you playing along at PaperArtsy as well as joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Redanne said...

Chris, I just love your tag, you have used such wonderful techniques and I love how the words on the book pages still stand out. Your sentiment words really resonate with the world we are living in at the moment too! Thanks so much for joining in our 'Words That Are Special' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

Krisha said...

I'm so late in returning your T-day visit that I thought I'd just comment here...*grin*
Gorgeous tag, love all the texture and layers........and the book page flowers.....fantastic!!

I'm struggling with the idea of cleaning and sorting my craft area...........I think you should come over here and give me a hand........your's looks so neat and tidy...and labeled!!

Been a very crazy busy week and I'm only getting to a couple blogs each morning....by the time I get to everyone it is going to be time to start again.....LOL! See you next T-day!

catherine said...

Looks great Chris and like the technique
x catherine

Art By Wanda said...

A wonderful tag!!!!!!!!

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm loving your tag and all the techniques that you shared, thanks for showing how you made it - fabulous! You have created such beautiful detail and the Lin Brown's Eclectica stamp set is amazing. Wishing you a lovely weekend! J :-)

Unknown said...

Great tag. Love the use of ripped masks.

sarascloset said...

Chris, this tag is such fun and your happy accident happens to be the first thing that drew me to it! Your book page flower is so fun and the quote is perfect! Sending more hugs!

Hazel Agnew said...

A great tag and love your happy accident with the ink. Simple technique producing beautiful art. Xx

Corrie Herriman said...

This is lovely !
Corrie x

Unknown said...

I like the background and again, it's great because of the masking. While the tag is simplistic it looks great!

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous tag, love how you made it.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby