Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 27 January 2017

Night time crafting!

You may remember me mentioning that I was up in the middle of the night last Saturday (no idea who or what woke me!)and was inspired to use my new stamps in my Garden Journal which is all about remembering my Dad!
I had gone to my craft room to potter so that I could go through a 'going to bed routine' again. While I was there I decided to look through some old journals but stopped when I came to  the Garden Journal. As I had been sorting scraps there were some sorted into colours so this page was made just by looking through these. 
I stuck some down at the time but then doodled on the infusions scrap and added some chit chat words during Sunday.
   

By restricting what I did to just using what I could reach I felt settled very quickly and went back to bed….and slept!

The flower stamp is from Woodware and was leftover from a card I made a while ago! 

I would like to join in with Erika's 'Tell Me a Story' theme at Art Journal Journey as this page tells the story of my interrupted night.

Thanks for looking, Chrisx 

10 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

I love the beautiful layering and the harmony of colors here!
Hope you still get enough sleep Chris!
Happy weekend and thanks a lot for another fantastic page linked to Erika's
-Tell me a story - theme!
oxo Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page, and I am impressed that you sort your scraps into colours, I have not got that far yet! Thanks for another lovely page for AJJ, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

A really lovely page and how clever to sort your scraps into colours

Sleep well Chris

Love Chrissie xxx

Helen said...

i love the layers of texture and the shades of blue.. lovely night time crafting!!

Let's Art Journal said...

The blues are so pretty and you have created such a beautiful page from all those wonderful scraps. Your Garden Journal is being filled with such beauty and is a lovely way to remember your Dad! Happy Weekend Chris! J :-)

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic co-ordinated page Chris, lovely shades of blue.
Pleased you were able to get back to sleep.
Yvonne xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

It's beautiful Chris and it is inspirational that you could create this at a time when you could not settle to sleep. Isn't it wonderful that this time spent creating settled your mind.
A beautiful page and a beautiful way to honour your and remember your Dad.
Chris, thank you for the visits to my blog. I am so lucky to have you and other art friends who take the time out of your day - I appreciate it so much and desperate to get back to a "schedule" where my life will allow me to visit blogs on a regular basis.
Have a lovely weekend.
Wishes
Lynne

My name is Erika. said...

I think I need to try crafting when I can't sleep. It was a successful visit to the happy place since you were able later to go back to sleep and you made a fantastic page Chris. I love the brown bag background and the blue-wow-it makes that color pop. Glad you joined us at AJJ and shared some of this wonderful journal. My dad was a gardening guy himself and reading this made me think of him. Happy weekend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your night time crafting is incredible. I would never get that great page from just looking through my scraps and leftovers. This is NOT a simple page, but one of beauty and harmony.

Sandy said...

I love this journal page Chris - the design is wonderful and the different prints seem to add a lacy texture! I really love your desgin work here - fabulous and I like it being on kraft paper too.
Sandy xx