Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 21 January 2017

Come walk with me!

I have another page for Art Journal Journey. Erika(Bioartgal) wants us to 'Tell a story'. I am inviting you to take a walk with me, my page shows you the way will walk.

These flowers are from my new set of Paper Artsy Elenazinskiart stamps! I love her little monsters as you know, but this time I have a set of flowers and a little bird!

On this page I have combined them with some of Darcy's flowers(also Paper Artsy)I stamped the main flowers onto card and book paper and cut them out.They are coloured with Fibralos. The others were stamped directly on to the page I made using a Dina Wakley heart stencil and some other random stencilling and stamping

When my stamps first arrived I had to attend the first of many directors meetings we have had here at our retirement complex, one of which was walking around the carpark on a cold morning trying to find a solution to the parking problems we have. I think what we eventually came up with is going to be quite expensive!! 

I was dying to play with my goodies but only had time to grab a previously inked tag and stamp away before we had to go and look after our GD! I added some fabric that I dabbed with distress inks. I stamped the bird and then stamped him onto some card and cut out the main body which I added some foam tape to lift him off the background slightly!

I am sorry to be absent from the computer for a little while but we have also been having a few problems (hopefully sorted now) with the internet connection which was quite scary when it cut out just after I had pressed 'pay now' on an order! Fortunately it went through as I had a confirmation e-mail when it came back on again! The connection does seem to be better after having a telephone conversation with a nice young man! 

Thanks for still visiting me, your support is always welcome and I will try to visit soon! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Connie said...

Your whimsical flowers and birds are adorable.
Great page!
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic page and tag. Love the cheery flowers, have fun with your new stash. No internet is scary, hope it stays with you now - my the power be with you!
Great page for Erika's challenge, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Love your new stamps, the little bird is my favourite - he looks very mischievous and will probably crush all the flowers (tee hee!). Have a lovely weekend! J :-)

Helen said...

loving those stamps (I got that set, too) great page. glad your internet seems to be ok again!

Meggymay said...

Super art page and tag with your new stamps. The Mine came and have yet to be inked. Hope your internet problems are solved.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

That little bird on your tag is a riot. I love the flowers on your page! It has me thinking of spring. Glad you got the internet squared away and hopefully the parking too. Thanks for joining in at AJJ. I always enjoy seeing your pieces. Hugs-Erika

chrissie said...

Fantastic page Chris with wonderful choice of stamps and colours.

I think I need a chat with a nice young man as out internet is awful at the moment.

Love Chrissie xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I adore the darling new flowers and your AJJ page and tag are both fantastic. The colors are so rich, too.

I can relate to your internet woes. Been there, had that happen to me, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I love your page and tag..they are fabulous..xx

froebelsternchen said...

An AMAZING page Chris and the tag is super as well!
A fabulous entry to Erika's theme!
Happy Sunday!
oxo Susi

craftytrog said...

I love your tag and page Chris!
Have a great week!
Alison xxx