Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 3 November 2016

Roses are….

…...part of my collage page for Susi's new theme at Art Journal Journey.
The theme is making my brain work for sure as the 'Collage' has a twist - no faces, no wings, no leaves!

With a little help from my friends I have made this page that started with a few bits of torn mop up tissue paper.

I stamped a rose from a beautiful stamp set gifted to me by my lovely friend Elizabeth - I was careful not to stamp any leaves!

I had the idea of Paris in my head and used a magazine picture of the Eiffel Tower. I cut the pink rose from a scrap that came from my lovely IG friend Jackie and then I used some of the napkin and some lace that she gifted me too. I added another little scrap with some text on it and a little wooden flower shape from the box that sits at the back of my desk.

The quote is from a Ken Oliver set that happened to be on my desk for another reason! 

Everything was outlined with a brown Stabilo all pencil and then water brushed to smudge it. I added some more smudges randomly to the page too.

I have another page coming up soon too!

Thanks for looking, Chris


18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic idea, love the roses and the Eiffel Tower. Thank for another beautiful page for AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

WOW! Love this. Such beautiful colors!!! ♥

sheila 77 said...

Beautifully romantic, I'm loving all the pink.

WendyK said...

Fabulous page, a great idea beautifully done.

Zue said...

Really tricky when you are restricted in what you can use. I'd say you did a very good job!
Sue x

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful romantic page Chris! Just beautiful!
I see that you have no problems with the new theme - lol!
Thank you for starting this month at AJJ with such a great entry! ♥♥♥

Susi

Krisha said...

Such a lovely page Chris!
A fun theme this moth to make us step out of our comfort zones...LOL!

chrissie said...

Such a dreamy page with delicate colours and beautiful images

Love Chrissie xx

Helen said...

now that is a challenge indeed, well done on your interpretation!

Let's Art Journal said...

I love the vintage feel to this page, the background and images work beautifully together! Wishing you a great week! J :-)

Meggymay said...

A beautiful vintage look, the roses are beautiful and so are the soft colours you used.
Yvonne xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is so beautiful and gorgeously romantic in a vintage way.
Wishes
Lynne

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...


So glad you found a use for one of those flowers. I'm loving the Eiffel Tower and the way you collaged the roses with it. It's a fun and unique take on this really difficult challenge.

Rosie said...

just wonderful

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous - love how you've incorporated the mop up tissue papers, and formed them into such vivid luscious blooms.
Alison x

craftytrog said...

Beautiful!!! xxx

Sandy said...

I love your page - so romantic!!!!
Sandy xx

Gatepost productions said...

Really like this one