Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 30 August 2016

T Stands for….the rest of our visit..

If you were here last week for T stands for Tuesday at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog you will have seen some of my photos of Chatsworth House. A Wikipedia link is here
I promised you more photos of the inside of this Stately Home. 
Oh My! It really is 'Stately'
The house has been used as a film set for many films - Pride and Prejudice being probably the most well known.
I'll show you the meal we had first and then you can amble around the house, just as we did.
We decided that waiter service might take too long - we had paid enough to get in and that was with a twofer!(It would have been £40 for us both!)and we wanted to see as much as possible in the time we had.
The meal - cafeteria style - i.e. Queue up and get served, was delicious - we both chose slow roasted pork with lentils - lots of lovely mixed greens and new potatoes! Our drink - of course - water!!

Now you can take your time to look around - I'm sorry but these won't be in any sort of order but it will give you an idea of the opulence of the place!!
No words unless I think something could do with an explanation!

A lot of these photos are hubby's but he says it's OK to use them! 





The two tall pieces with tubes on them are Tulip Holders! 

 This fabulous wallpaper was printed with the leaves on and the birds and flowers were handpainted!!
Similar ones were in most of the bedrooms.
 This long hallway has mirrors on one side and DNA 'pictures' of members of the family!





The present Duke is very keen on showing off the art work and I will probably show some more of this another time!
It really was a Grand Day Out!

For now it is getting close to my bed time. 

We are going out with some of the family to Crosby Beach tomorrow to see Anthony Gormley's "Another Place"

Thanks for looking, Chris 

19 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Chatsworth House is even more impressive in these photos than the ones you showed last week. Great lunch too. Glad you shared your grand day out! Hugs-erika

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh my!!! I would have had a really difficult time moving on from room to room not wanting to miss A THING-how opulent and just gorgeous!!
Thanks for sharing and happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought the cost was a bit expensive, so it was good that you got a lot of photos both in and outside Chatsworth House. There is grandeur and elegance that shows in your photos, so I can imagine how lovely it must have been. I keep going back and forth, looking at images in the photos I missed the first time around. I'm sure you have done that, too.

Even though you had pork, your meal actually looked quite good. Thanks for sharing it with us for T this Tuesday.

As for the biscuit I showed, it's not savory, but only marginally sweet. Nothing I would write home about. The texture is good, and they aren't dry, even though we aren't given butter or anything to go with them. A bit of jam would be nice. Thanks for asking.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a wonderful place, so much to see, and although expensive, it really was worth it. The food looked great, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Great photos as always.. I love coming on your trips with you, so looking forward to Crosby Beach!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, fabulous photos...I love Chatsworth..We are hopefully off there at the weekend for the Country Show..:) xx

chrissie said...

Great memories for me once again Chris--I went there with some old school friends for a reunion and we ate in the cafe there have also been a few times with Vic but never taken photographs so yours were a wonderful reminder.Thank you for sharing.

Never made it as far as Crosby when we walked along the beach for miles and miles from Ainsdale--one day maybe. I look forward to seeing your pics. I am sure I won't be disappointed as they are always interesting

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

A wonderful post Chris. As I said last week on your Tea post we were there as well. Its years since we went in the house, but were lucky to get a discount from the Club site. I hope you don't mind me mentioning you in my post this week, your photos are fantastic.
Its a delicious meal you had as well.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

Darla said...

Opulent indeed! I imagined myself sitting at one of the desks writing a letter. Thanks to your hubby for letting you share his photo's. While pricey, it seems like you get a whole day there plus a meal if I understood it right. Will be waiting to see the beach pictures.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a spectacular place and such a lovely destination to celebrate your Wedding Anniversary! Many congratulations by the way! It looks breathtakingly beautiful and so grand, thanks for sharing your wonderful visit and wishing you a very Happy T day! J :-)

~*~Patty S said...

Ooh la laa such granduer and beauty.
Thank you Tony for taking pix to share!
The marble statues and those glorious tulip holders!
Wonder if they use them in the spring?
I mentioned to Yvonne that when we visited Derbyshire we got to spend time at the "un-stately home and country estate" of Calke Abbey and enjoyed it immensely. Wished we'd had more time in that lovely area.
Thank you for sharing. I always enjoy arm chair traveling :-)
Happy T Day Chris oxo

froebelsternchen said...

Just impressive that place and ...the meal looks fantastic!!!!
Happy T-Day Chris!

Words and Pictures said...

What an extraordinary house - that wallpaper in the bedroom is stunning - thank you for the close up!
Alison x

Krisha said...

Chatsworth House is amazing, thanks for sharing your hubby's photos.
there is so much to see in each photo, my head would have been spinning so fast in each room I wouldn't have been able to get any photos! LOL!
That wall paper is awesome, can't imagine had painting each bird and flower on THAT much wall paper.
The only thing we have, in this area, is Hearst Castle and it pales in comparison.
Happy T-day........oh yes, and your food looked divine too...LOL!

Rita said...

Oh, wow! Talk about stepping into another time period. This was fascinating to me. :)

Brenda Brown said...

Very stately indeed, fabulous photos showing us the wonderful world of this amazing period house. Hope you enjoyed your next day out too. Xxx

Carol said...

OH MY! Opulence is an understatement here ♥ Thanks so much for sharing these amazing photos and thanks to the hubby too for allowing you to share his. I'm getting ready to remodel our bedroom and I just may have to borrow and idea or two on a much more modest scale of course :) Have a good week!!!!

Halle said...

Wow! those are some busy rooms. Your eye can't hardly rest...so much color and pattern going on. I can't even imagine having painting on that scale. WOW.
Happy T day!

johanna said...

what an interesting tour de "Palace"... (to live there would be another Story... what i like most are the wallpapers with the handpainted birds. just gorgeous! and obviously you had a wonderful meal.
happy belated t-day, Chris!