Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 28 August 2016

Just playing...

with my new stamps….I know…...I know…….surely I've got enough? It's just that yesterday we went down into Carnforth and I just happened to go in to Rowantree Crafts and there waiting for me on the racks were some new Paper Artsy Jofy Stamps. I had already bought another of the new minis online!!!



So today, having got something 'done and dusted' I have had time to play!
I love these flowers, but even more, I love the sentiment!
The page already had some mop up paint through a stencil on it, I spritzed the page and added some Infusions(A Bit Jaded, Limoncello and Are You Cerise)
I stencilled through some text and post mark stencils using DIs and then used one of the stamps to make little circles but then decided it was a little too bright so went over everything with gesso.

The flowers were stamped onto water colour paper and the petals coloured in with some old Twinkling h2Os - there is a shimmer but my camera didn't pick it up. The rest of the colouring on the flowers and the leaves were using some very old Tombow pens and I was surprised that they hadn't dried up!
Once I had cut them out I decided that the circle flower stems would make a good background and these too were coloured with the Tombows.
I added some more circles using Picked Raspberry DI ink and then spattered black and white paint over….after masking the flowers! 

While we were at our caravan this time we had absolutely no internet connection or phone line for two days! The only time I could connect was while we were out!
We love our walks in the area.
I posted some photos on Instagram but for those of you that didn't see them here are some I took and some of hubby's too.
 We entered the tow path at a different spot(having driven there) so we could explore more of the canal!
 I spotted a couple of buzzards overhead -making quite a noise!
Hubby got a better shot

His camera also picked up the Moorhen and chick better


Finally we went up onto the bridge to look down on these Mallard ducks

I would like to enter in the challenge at Moo Mania and More - Nature's Beauty - flowers often stop me in my tracks!
For the same reason I would also like to enter the Challenge at Country View Crafts - Hot Summer Days
I have missed you all and I am hoping to get a catch up now!

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page and photos, have fun with your new stamps! It looks to be a beautiful place along the canal. Have a good week, Hugs, Valerie

Craftyfield said...

Ah... Can't-resist-stamps-i-tis... as a fellow sufferer I sympathise. I wish I could say it gets better but no.. In my case it has gotten worse!
Wonderful page you've created with your new stamps, the background is lovely too. Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

chrissie said...

A beautiful page with the new stamps.

Looks like another great walk there Chris with wonderful things to photographs.

Love Chrissie xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page Chris..and as always the photos are wonderful. xx

Jane said...

What lovely play time you enjoyed Chris . You can never have too many stamps especially flowers..my favourite too. What a gorgeous page. Thanks for sharing your walk too and joining in with our Hot Summer Days challenge over at Country View xx

Barb said...

Well you did have to get those new stamps didn't you Chris! Your journal page is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours and great design work. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. Barbxx

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful journal page and photos Chris. Its hard to stop new stamps coming home when they just sit on the shelves looking wonderful . Enjoy.
Yvonne xx

Helen said...

I love the new JoFY's and your page - beautiful! Great photos too, both you and hubby's!

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely flower stamps Chris
I can see why you couldn't resist.
The circles on this piece are so pleasing and a bit playful.
Lovely design
oxo

froebelsternchen said...

What a gorgeous page you made during your playtime - fascinating! Thanks for sharing the photos of your walk and joining us at Moo Mania & More dear Chris!
oxo Susi

Rita said...

I love those stamps she makes! So whimsical!
Beautiful shots of the ducks and all that lush green.
Have a great week! :)

Unknown said...

Ooh I know what you mean about supplies just sitting there waiting for you.. ;) Glad you got time to play, this journal page is really lovely. Hope the caravanning continues to go well too, and what gorgeous photos!! Hugs, Georgie x

Monika Gulyas said...

You created a beautiful page with your new Paper Artsy stamps! Thank you for joining the August Challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!