Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 7 August 2016

A few journal pages...

These are my Tip in swap pages for Annette. They have arrived now and I hope she will want to know how I came to make them!
The theme was another that was a dream of a topic for me - although so much so that I had difficulty deciding which 'Proverbs or Sayings' to use!
My First page…
 …using some of my favourite stamps from Hobby Art and Carabelle Studios and coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils and a water brush. The line of birds was stamped twice. Some wooden flowers from the Works finished this off
My Second page...
….I masked off an area with some ripped paper and used fine sprinkles of Paper Artsy Infusions and only a light spritz of water to set the colour so that it looked like dust. I paper pieced the  housewife's dress and added some twine to make the broom.
My Third page….
 I picked up this picture of King Charles 1 on a leaflet in Nottingham and found just the right page in my old Pears Encyclopaedia (Annette lives in Scotland) The cat(Lavinia Stamps)was stamped onto a piece of card that I had overstamped a fine text onto. The 'Royal' look included the use of foil card and pearlised card.
My Fourth page...
 ..has one of my Favourite Lynne Perrella stamps - I added some 'real' jewels and mounted it onto a piece of leftover card from Elizabeth's pages. I used a combination of gold and turquoise ink through a stencil and matched it to Tim's Sizzix Mixed Media Thinlets.
My Fifth page... 
 …I have lost the photo of the three swallows on the ribbon tucked away inside the cloud(which of course has a silver lining!!)It's a bit of a fiddle but they do fit back inside!!
My Sixth page...

 …is a little riddle - do you know what this saying is?
 I included a tag with my details on the back to go along with the pages….
…and on the envelope…two conflicting 'Journey' quotes…take your pick!!!

Annette assures me that she likes the pages and I certainly had fun making them.

This is the last of the swaps - which I have enjoyed being part of so Thank You Elizabeth for inviting me!

Thanks for looking, Chris

ps I will be back at 2.00pm on Monday with my second appearance in the spotlight at Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog Challenge!

14 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

One of those sayings, the one about the cat and the king, I had never heard before. That made it even more enjoyable, because I learned a new proverb/saying.

I was thrilled to see these final pages you have created for Annette. So glad you enjoyed this swap, because your contribution was FABULOUS! This has truly been a wonderful swap, and I will certainly not soon forget it, or the wonderful pages you have created for not just Annette, but for all of us.

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous pages Chris! So well thought out and beautiful to look at xx

Anonymous said...

Lucky Annette, the pages are gorgeous. xx

Unknown said...

Loving those birds! :) Great pages Chris xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful pages. My fave is Charles 1st and the cat! Cooooool! Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Fantastic pages with a great variety of ideas

Love Chrissie xx

Rita said...

A couple new sayings for me. I am stumped as to the riddle one. No clue.
Have a great week. :)

Juliz Design Post said...

Wow you have been very busy creating with fab results.
Julie x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous pages, I can see how they were well loved when they reached their destination.
Yvonne xx

voodoo vixen said...

As the recipient of these lovely pages, I have to say I am over the moon. My favourite is the woman's work one and the way you created the 'dusty' effect, it is so clever!

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous set of pages! Annette is very lucky to receive such beautiful art work! I love all of them especially "Birds of a Feather" with all its gorgeous detail. Wishing you a happy week! J :-)

Words and Pictures said...

I've been so out of it, so it's lovely to be able to catch up with a whole swathe of your lovely pages in one go... what happy mail you created for the swap. The tag is gorgeous too!
Alison x

froebelsternchen said...

Thise pages are just BEAUTIFUL - all! Wow!
Lucky Annette that she got all this stunning art!!!♥♥♥

~*~Patty S said...

Quite a wonderful swap you all are having!
Fabulous!
oxo