Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 11 June 2016

A flying journal page!!!

The internet connection at our caravan has been the worst ever this week so now I am home I can Thank You all for your kind comments for my TIOT/T Stands For…post last Tuesday, and also for the scheduled post showing my swap pages.

I have at last had time to play along at Art Journal Journey where the theme is Mary's choice of 'Maps'

A lot of my time has been taken up with watching the birds - especially the blackbird who is taking treats back to the nest for his partner who must be sitting on eggs in the hedge! I missed getting a photo of him, as he would fly in, rest on the railings and then fly directly into the hedge - his beak always had big juicy worms in it!
We have also had a lot of sparrows feeding their young and we also have the swallows flying around too.
So.. my page is about the journeys birds take..

..even on short journeys they have such purpose although seemingly fluttering around aimlessly!
The other week I was privileged to witness a buzzard come to collect it's young from the barn across the road for it's first flight! We had heard it for days squeaking away and hubby caught sight of it near the entrance the day before. I saw the adult fly in, and then not long after they both flew out and the adult was clearly being encouraging, flying around the young one! They flew off across the fields to who knows where, but I bet the adult had a plan!

My page began with a sprinkle of Infusion powders and then a spritz or two. The maps were cut from an old calendar page and the bird was stamped and coloured. I'm sorry but I don't know where the stamp is from - it has become separated from its wrapper.The flying bird are from Paper Artsy - one of Darcy's sets I think.
I added some Crayola Twistables - gold and turquoise and smudged them around the edge of the bird, the maps and little at the bottom.

I am of course on catch up…..everywhere!!

Thanks for looking, Chris


20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Chris, thanks so much for joining us at AJJ. The way the birds travel is really amazing. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

Love this beautiful page Chris! Those infusion powders are wonderful, love that effect. I've never tried them but now you've inspired me!! ♥ Thank you once again ♥
Hugs,
Michelle ♥

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh! I am just thrilled about this fanatastic page Chris! Thank you so much for joining us at AJJ with it! AWESOME!
Happy Sunday!
oxo Susi

Helen said...

what a wonderful sight that must have been! the journal page looks fabulous and is a great tribute to the birds' flights.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a lovely idea to create a page about the journeys birds take! The map images and sparrow are just beautiful, it's perfect! Happy Sunday :-)

Mary C. Nasser said...

What a gorgeous page! Your color palette is rich and I love the vintage feel of this! Thank you for joining us at AJJ!

Rita said...

Lovely page. I like to watch the birds, too.
I've had internet issues, too, so could lose this comment for all I know but I'll try to post it. :)

Mrs.B said...

Such a beautiful journal page Chris. Lovely post today.
Avril xx

chrissie said...

Terrific page a wonderful take on the map theme

Love Chrissie xx

Sandy said...

Hey Chris - wonderful with a beautiful bird. I do miss watching the birds in the mountains - we do not have as many here. I am going to quit the card business as I really want to do some art journaling and there is only so much time. Physical changes demand that I change my life style!
sandy xx

Words and Pictures said...

Magical! I adore old maps, so you already had me with those, and the subtle Infusions sky is beautiful, as is that gorgeous hovering bird - wonderful page! I'm on catch up permanently these days... sigh!
Alison x

Meggymay said...

A wonderful page Chris, it always amazes me how many miles birds migrate each year. Our native ones are lucky.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Nice page Chris. I love how you incorporated the maps and that bird is fantastic. The result is really pretty. :) Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

IMPRESSIVE!! I like the background, even though I've never seen those infusion powders before. Also, do you like the twistables? I can't believe I've had a set of 8 for about four years and never used them until recently.

I also love the back story about the bird and the encouragement. Good parenting, even for birds. This was a wonderful journal page.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I love your page...beautiful. x

Juliz Design Post said...

Stunning journal page Chris and a wonderful creative design.
Julie x

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful bird page you created Chris!
Love it.
I so enjoy watching the birds here in our garden and everywhere we visit.
A bad internet connection is hopeless and frustrating isn't it.
I'm afraid I've had a bad connection to my keyboard as in I haven't been in the computer chair as much recently what with one thing and another.
Hoping to catch up with you.
oxo

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Chris, love how this came together xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

I just love this gorgeous page, Chris! What awesome images and color!

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful ♥♥