Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 26 April 2016

It WAS looking like Spring!

We have had two flurries of snow today - enough to cover the grass, although it did melt fairly quickly.
When we went out this morning, even though it was sunny, there was a nip in the air!

My journal page is celebrating a sunny Spring day - we did have quite a few of those last week!


I spritzed my page lightly before adding some sprinkles of Brushos and then spritzing again. I let it dry naturally overnight.
This morning I stamped some Woodware and Paper Artsy JOFY flowers and coloured them in using a combination of Fibralos and Derwent Coloursoft crayons. I also used a white pen and a gold pen. I then used a grey crayon around the outline of all of the flowers and stems.

The quote is a Woodware one bought a while ago but used for the first time today!

I would like to enter the following challenges

Craft Stamper - Take it, make it challenge April - Spring Flowers

Country View Challenges Blog -April challenge - Spring

Moo Mania and More - Floral challenge  

Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

Helen said...

great quote, lovely page! we had a flurry of snow - barely enough to notice - but typically as I was carrying 2 large bags of shopping home from work. Hoping for some warmer weather before too long... although looking at the forecasts I think I'll be disappointed.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is really gorgeous, definitely one of my faves! Thanks for joining us again at Moo Mania and More, hugs, Valerie
It's bitter cold here, too!

chrissie said...

Fantastic page Chris with wonderful flowers and colours

Love Chrissie xx

Linda said...

What a fabulous journal page. Great colours for the background and I love those pretty blooms. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Meggymay said...

A super quote for your wonderful springtime page Chris. It is snowing here tonight.
Yvonne xx

Sandy said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the colors - I love your design. Did I tell you that I thought your spread is gorgeous!

I would imagine there was a nip in the air seeing you had a bit of snow!

Carol said...

The Spring has been rather fickle this year for sure... sorry you has to deal with the white stuff again :( Love your page !!!! It really is one of my favorites ♥ Great quote too. Have a great week and see you again soon ♥

Mimi said...

That quote is perfect for this concept! I am half a world away, but we are experiencing the same thing here in Northern California! Love your fun doodly image.

Monika Gulyas said...

Gorgeous journal page, beautiful colouring!!! I love the quote too :-) Thank you for joining the April Challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would gladly have traded the snow for my hail, high winds, torrential rains, etc. we had overnight. I simply adore your colorful spring inspired page, and that quote is right on the money!

froebelsternchen said...

This page is simply ADORABLE Chris! Amazing! Thank you for sharing with us at Moo Mania & More !
oxo Susi

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page Chris..I thought spring had arrived until I had to defrost the car this morning!! Also the hailstones have only just stopped raining down!! xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Sorry to hear springtime has turned back to snow - but your pages fly in the face of that! Joyous spring colours and flowers... I absolutely love this page.
Alison x

Krisha said...

This is such a pretty journal page Chris!
Our weather cannot make up it's mind here either!

kat said...

Wow I really love these, such style and love here, gorgeous creations!

Ruth said...

What a fabulous page, love the colours, and fab background, definitely Spring like! Hugs Ruth xx