Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 28 March 2016

It's simple!

Do you remember the days when you bought loads of peel off sheets? I'm sure some of you do. 
When I first started crafting I used to visit Topaz near Accrington - there use to be a whole area of peel offs - often on offer and I was always fascinated by the variety. 
I now still have quite a lot left, even though I have given a lot away. 
Of course once I discovered stamps and the joy of mixed media crafting they have stayed in a little box…until I had a sort out…what to do? 
I hate waste so I am trying to find ways of using them so here is one way I have tried.
The message is simple…
…in this case I am using what I have - a background made with ink watered down to make it go further, mopped up even further with a piece of corrugated card to stamp with, unfortunately my intention to use that piece did't work out as it was VERY soggy!
The ziggy zaggy bits at the bottom were the result of a die slipping(the same one as I have used at the top corner which is part of an old envelope)I quite like this effect so kept all of the bits! The leaves wouldn't cut very well, broke up and have been in my scrap box for a while so I trimmed them with scissors. The peel off is mounted onto a piece of bread wrapper.

I know I am not the only one to have lots of scraps and un-used items so I hope I have given you some ideas on how to use some of them.

This is my latest entry to Art Journal Journey - 'If you go down to the woods'

Hope you are all enjoying the Easter break!

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, great page...Oh I remember Topaz well!! :) I never bought too many peel offs..mainly letters and greetings...still using them though!! xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Chris! Thanks for making another lovely one for AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

oh peel offs.. I gave mine away to someone who makes cards for charity as i was never going to use them. Love your page!

Brenda Brown said...

Oh gosh yes peel offs, like you I kept some and gave some away but don't think I have any left now. Love your page.
Hope you've had a great Easter weekend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Pamellia said...

Great page Chris! I love that you used your die cut slippage piece, and it works so well with the design in the upper corner! Hope you had a lovely Easter! hugs :)

zandra said...

Love the die on this and a great way to use scraps. Hope you had a wonderful Easter.
Hugz, Z

Zue said...

This is nice Chris!
I like all the using up of bits that otherwise you might chuck.
It took me a while to realise the peel off was the tree scene.
Sue xxx

froebelsternchen said...

What a fab idea to use them and it looks really great!
The quote speaks to me!
Thank you Chris - you rock the forest--lol!

oxo Susi

Little Artbee said...

True words and a nice page.
Greetings
Sabine

Juliz Design Post said...

I was addicted to Peel offs ! My niece has most of them now to use with her friends on Crafty days. Brilliant page and I have never thought of using a bread wrapper....until now.
Hugs, Julie x

Meggymay said...

Peel offs, brought back memories. Mine all went to the school rainy day play box. Love your wonderful page Chris, its good to use up the bits and pieces.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I adore your journal page, BUT I have never heard of peel-off sheets, much less seen one. What a great concept. It made a lovely "woods" page, that's for sure. Use it before it goes bad is my new motto.

SewPaperPaint said...

Gorgeous layers and lovely reminder! Love this!!! <3