Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 30 November 2015

Tim's Tags of 2015 - November - A lament!

This tag is a lament for a pear! 
As many of you know I have Type 2 Diabetes - it has been in the family at least as far back as my Great Great Grandmother so has been part of our family for a while now! The good news is - following a review with the Diabetic Nurse, although on medication, it has been reduced and she doesn't need to see me for a whole year now!
A reason to rejoice you might say!! Hmmm, I have given up a lot of my bad habits, helped along by a programme called Choose to Change run by the local heath authority but along with that …I have practically had to give up eating pears! I can share one with hubby every so often but I have found by using my blood test kit that Williams Pears(my Faves)cause my blood sugar to leap!!
So…my tag..
It's a big NO to the pear and a firm pointer to an apple instead!

Tim's tag and tutorial is here
I used Tim's techniques on my tag, except that I stuck the cut half of the pear flat and raised the rounded skin part up.

I may have been a bit heavy-handed with the foil but I have sent my pear off in style!!

I will, of course, always remain 'pear shaped'!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your tag is lovely, sorry you can't eat pears, they are always so delicious! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Love your tag and lament to the pear. Thanks for sharing your good news.
Yvonne xx

Redanne said...

How wonderful to have your medication reduced, that must be a great feeling and well done for sticking to the regime, it clearly worked. It would suit me as I am not a huge fan of pears, but I love your lament to the pear tag, it is a great take on Tim's tag! Hugs, Anne xx

Helen said...

Who knew that pears had so much sugar! well done on the reduction in your medication, and a super well done to your tag! right at the last minute eh?!!

chrissie said...

Would never have thought pears would have caused problems. Well done for working out a plan

Love the tag and the great background

Love Chrissie xx

Artyjen said...

As the others are saying...what a shock about the pears!!!
Who would have thought?
Great tag.
xoxo Sioux

Words and Pictures said...

It's so sad that it's your favourite pears that cause your blood sugar to spike... probably because the body is celebrating! In any case, you've created a beautiful tribute tag, with delicious shading on the pear itself and a terrific background. And I've decided that there's no such thing as too much gilding! One of my favourite takes on Tim's November tag...
Alison xx