Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Its Autumn at TIOT!

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is Autumn.The DT has made some fabulous examples so I hope you will take a look and be inspired to join in!

I was influenced by the windows we saw in Austria and Budapest last year so I have made something to go in my window for the Autumn.I wish it was something we did here in the UK instead of the focus on Halloween, although we did see some that were both.

As you can tell from my previous post, I love Autumn! (and songs about Autumn too!)

Early this year my eldest son came to do a little job for us and I noticed he had some lengths of wood left over - I asked him if he could cut me some different sized blocks and it is one of these that I have used.

Several coats of paint and stencilling…..
…and then I got carried away!
The metal flowers that were destined to be for our last theme making their debut here!I used plant labels from B and Q, ran through an embossing folder and alcohol inks
The large leaf is a TH die cut that has had the alcohol ink treatment and then Stickled veins added. The smaller leaves were some I have had for a while - pale green usually - now changing colour with the help of some distress inks and stamping with text. I added some red netting from some fruit wrapping and a piece of a scarf I bought in France (because I knew it would make great crafting fabric and it was really cheap!)
The words - computer generated - you may recognise from the Justin Hayward song - 'Forever Autumn' 

The wood fortunately was quite soft so I was able to make holes for the wire with my poky tool. I used glossy accents to make the wire stay in place.

I hope you will find the time to join us at TIOT, remember anything  you make is acceptable as long as it fits our theme. 

Thanks for looking, Chris
  

14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

What an outstanding project Chris! SUper!
oxo
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful project, hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful project, hugs, Valerie

Words and Pictures said...

It's so beautiful, Chris - and I think it's a fantastic idea to decorate for autumn instead of Halloween - let's just do it, shall we? Start the trend... (although I suppose you do see it in the States with the collections of pumpkins - uncarved! - and Thanksgiving/Harvest decorations). Also deeply grateful for the Hayward reminder - a song I love, and have now got playing as I type... which will probably set me off on a whole War of the Worlds thing. Not just one song you've landed me with today then...!
Alison xx

Barb said...

What a beautiful project Chris. I love the way you recycle all sorts. Barbxx

Juliz Design Post said...

Love your leaves Chris and what a great idea using plant labels, so inventive.
Julie x

chrissie said...

Such a great idea and wonderful additions to your Autumn decoration

Love Chrissie xx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely decoration Chris and a great piece of recycling too. I remember being in Germany a few years ago and seeing all their wonderful decorations on doors and windows, loved it.
Avril xx

Margik said...

LOVE this fabulous project with those wonderful colours and creative design! Another great job, Chris!
Hugs, Mar

Meggymay said...

Super recycling with the wood, its a fantastic autumn decoration.
Yvonne xx

Lula said...

Gorgeous autumnal decoration piece Chris! Love the leaves!

Lula said...

Gorgeous autumnal decoration piece Chris! Love the leaves!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Now that is recycling at its finest. Wonderful job with the way you treated the wood, and the leaves! Now you have a decoration for your autumn home, too.

sirkkis said...

Recycling is a good thing to do... your project is great. So many wonderful elements beautifully created.
Have a lovely time Chris,
Hugs xx