Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 22 August 2015

Time Flies!

We have just returned from a few days away at our caravan with my son and two of my grandchildren. The time just whizzed by and we had some lovely days out (photographs another day as they are on my phone and it takes an age to transfer them)
Yesterday afternoon my GD and son went off into Morecambe to meet up with one of her school friends so hubby, grandson and I decided to walk back from Carnforth station where had eaten a lovely lunch. We had to go via Booths for some more milk and the route there leads past Rowantree Crafts - they have a fabulous range of goodies and yesterday - 20% off everything! So…another set of Visual Image stamps and some DecoArt paints fell into my basket!
I caught the 'boys' up at Booths and then the heavens opened so…a drink and a cake later we set off! By the time we got to our caravan the sun was shining and I was in the mood for some playtime!
A film for the other two on TV and I was pleased I had brought my VI horse set in my little box of craft stuff (thinking that GD and I would play as she loves horses - however we had spent our time together colouring - you will see why another day!)
I had two pages in my oldest journal that had been abandoned…hmm…I do that a lot!!
Here's what I came up with
You can't see much of the sparkly bits I added or the crackle and shine that was on the page already…even when I do this

I combined Visual Images sets 'Revolution' and Time after Time' along with some background stamps from Kaisercraft. The background already had some texture added through stencils and some rubbed on grunge paste.

I am Linking to Art Journal Journey - this month's theme is Time

and also entering the challenges at 

Stamps and Stencils where Yvonne is also saying 'Time Flies!'

A Vintage Journey - Things with Wings

Anything but Cute - Making Magic …although I have only used the wings and water inspiration from the montage.

Thanks for looking, Chris

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pony xxx

sirkkis said...

Really beautiful AJ spread. Love your gorgeous layouts and colours. Sure it's even more beautiful as "live".
Happy Sunday ♥

Helen said...

love this one, Chris. Look forward to seeing the photos of your trip too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful pages, love the colours, and all you have put into them. Thanks for joining us again at Art Journal Journey, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Awesome pages Chris, I love the flying horses and all the other fantastic details on the page.
Yvonne xx
Thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils and the girls at AJJ

chrissie said...

A fantastic spread with wonderful images. Such a great way to show the quote

Love Chrissie xx

johanna said...

i like your Pegasus stamps so much! your page is awesome, and the capturing of glitter in Pictures always is so tricky...

Nikki Acton said...

Really lovely double page... Subtle tones in that background and wonderful composition. X

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, gorgeous pages..I love them. Be in touch soon. xxxx

froebelsternchen said...

An amazing spread Chris.. outstanding --soo beautiful!
Thank you so much for entering Art Journal Journey with this beautiful pages!
♥♥♥
Susi

sarascloset said...

What a magical page spread, Chris! I love how you have worked your Pegasus to appear to be coming out from behind the clouds! Magical! And I appreciate the subtle colors and depth of the background--well done! Thank you for joining our Making Magic challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, sounds like a really fun day out. Lucky you to get those items on sale. I love finding a sale! I also love your piece today. How clever to make the Pegasus melt away a bit like that on the right. Surely that reminds of magic!:)

Words and Pictures said...

Glad to hear you've been enjoying family time at the caravan - and good work on the bargain hunting! I love your Pegasus pages - so full of fantastical life and energy - beautiful colours too. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison xx

Sandy said...

Really splendid journal pages. Sounds like you had a wonderful day away from you caravan. Don't you just love how those craft goodies "just happen" to fall into our baskets! Even though it rained - it sounds like you had a delicious plan for that.
I found the right hand page quite interesting. Is that time dissipating as the horse races through time?
Sandy

Barb said...

Two really lovely journal pages Chris. Sounds as if you had a good time with your family and well done getting some crafty bargains. Barbxx

Margik said...

Fantastic pages and images, Chris! Love the great composition. Mar xx

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful imagery on your pages! love that flying horse and the lovely background and all this on vacation in your caravan!! thanks for joining us in the AVJ Challenge! Julia xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you made it home safe and sound. I love these pages. The horse imagery is gorgeous.

Sorry I'm so late visiting. My electricity was knocked out for much of the day because of a thunder and lightening storm that came through here overnight. Hope you enjoyed your time away. I missed you!

Pawsitively Creative said...

The Pegasus is such a magical legend and that stamp is gorgeous! What a wonderful journal LO and your sentiment is so perfect. Take time to enjoy life as words to live by. The way the Pegasus is leaping out of the clouds is genius! Wowzers!

Thanks for joining in our Making Magic challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz! ~Niki DT

Juliz Design Post said...

What wonderful pages Chris and so magical.
Julie x

catherine said...

Glad you had a good time away Chris. Your journal page spread looks wonderful and love the horses images
x catherine

Becca Cruger said...

Really pretty! Love all the texture and gorgeous color. Very very pretty! Hooray for stamps!

Annie said...

fabulous journal pages Chris and amazing details....love the colour combination too xx
Apologies for my lack of visit but its been pretty busy here at CNCT, but its all good xx Thank you for your visits and lovely comments which are truly appreciated

Huge hugs Annie xx

Redanne said...

Your Pegasus pages are beautiful Chris, it is a shame the shine does not show up but your artwork more than makes up for it! Apologies, I have not been around much and may not be for a little while yet but always lovely to see your work. Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at A Vintage Journey! Hugs, Anne xx

Pamellia said...

Wow Chris, I am totally hypnotized by this stunning page! I bet it is even prettier in real life with all the sparkly bits (stupid cameras!). Your colours are so dreamy and I just adore how it looks like he is flying out of a cloud, what a magical scene you have created!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Making Magic' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful Chris ♥

Samra said...

Simply stunning make my dear!!!
Thank you so very much for joining our challenge Making Magic at Anything But Cute!

Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra