Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 8 May 2015

A journal page

I have had this background for ages - some of you may have seen it on my desk on Wednesday, although it had been there for a few days! Shades of orange are not my favourites so why do I have this page and a couple more using these shades? The answer of course that the pages used mop-up colours from last Autumn.
So…it sat there….pushed to the side sometimes and finally I thought of sunsets!
I stamped the buildings at the bottom but what to put in the sky?

A few more random stamps and then the bird from Tim's Classic set 16 and the quote from the same set!
I'm not especially happy with this page but just have to accept that  it's what happens sometimes (but I may go back to it in the future!!!)

Thank you for your patience if you are still waiting for comments on your blogs - I do hope to visit a few more after tomorrow but ….. I'm out tomorrow at Happy Stampers….Yay!!!

I am linking to 
Brenda's Visual Journey at Bumblebees and Butterflies
Simon Monday challenge - Don't abandon the coral 

Thanks for looking, Chris 

18 comments:

massofhair said...

Love the house stamps Chris, so very different and very quirky! I like your page a lot, in my mind the bird pops the balloon and sprinkles everyone with love and peace...

Enjoy your day at HSNW tomorrow :-) xxx

Helen said...

Enjoy Port Sunny, wish I was going; maybe next time!

sirkkis said...

Wonderful page, Chris. Love it.
Have a happy weekend,
hugs xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous page Chris, love that bird and wonderful colours on the whole spread!! Love it!

Valerie-Jael said...

NIce Page, looks fine to me! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

A great page with a terrific feeling of freedom about it

Love Chrissie xx

johanna said...

i love These Colors, and the bird is fab! wishing you lots of fun at happy stampers!

Twiglet said...

Beautiful journal page Chris - I have been busy finishing ATCs and would love to swap so I am sending a load to the crop. Have a great day! x Jo

Pamellia said...

This is fabulous Chris! I love the city scape and that bird is just wonderful! What an amazing scene you created! hugs :)

Meggymay said...

Chris this page is fantastic as it it, its a super scene you created.
Yvonne xx

Margik said...

Stunning page with fabulous colours. Love the city and the bird.
Hugs, Mar

catherine said...

I love it Chris and it is amazing to see a page develop from "mop ups".
x catherine

Redanne said...

I so nearly bought that PA stamp at the bottom of the page today! Wish I had now... I love the Tim bird stamp too. I think the colours are beautiful especially since they are mop-ups! It was lovely to have a little catch-up with you today, hope you didn't spend too much.... Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

Ooh I love the little sky scraper scene you have created, it reminds me of Mary Poppins and the chimney sweepers dance scene. Haha - stunning page Chris xx

Emma Williams said...

What a gorgeous little scene you've created and I love how you've used the bird stamp, it really pops out of the page! Thank you for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) x

Karla B said...

What a fabulous piece!

Karla B said...

What a fabulous piece!

Words and Pictures said...

This says sunrise to me - the glow of the colours is amazing, and there's such an atmosphere of expectation. I love how the eye lifts from the figure in the doorway to the bird setting out on his journey. Wonderful page!
Alison xx