Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Journal page

Hi everyone and a big welcome to my new followers!

We went away to our caravan over Easter (France is to come - in 
June! Don't worry you will know by my increasingly frantic chattering!!)We had a great time with one of my sons and his children, and some wonderful weather - though not around the caravan on two days - we went out through fog and ended up in glorious sunshine as we headed North - photos to come!!   

This is another page that I made after the Dina Wakley workshop.
I do love Dina's use of bright bold colours but have difficulty feeling comfortable with them myself so this is definitely not Dina style!!
I did use one of her stamps though - the beautiful woodcut bird!
A couple of Tim's stencils, some texture paste and a Kaisercraft texture stamp. I am trying include more of my own lettering - need more practice!!

I would like to enter in -

 the brand new challenge at the brand new challenge blog "Stamps and Stencils" where it's an "Anything Goes" theme for their first challenge

 Art Journal Journey - Favourite Poems and Quotes - quotes about flying free - doing your own thing always appeal to me!!

 Brenda's Visual Journey - 15 at Bumblebees and Butterflies sharing pages with others. 

Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page Chris, you would also be welcome to link to our challenge at Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

what a fabulous page, Chris!!

toni said...

So glad you've found our new challenge blog ! this is a lovely journal page and I'm sure Dina would agree ! some times you have to stay in your comfort zone as long as it keeps you creating. I can see some subtle colour creeping in there ! my work has become much more colourful this year,I don't know why but maybe I'm not so frightened of it now, Thank you for sharing this lovely page with us over at Stamps and Stencils I must say I love the graphic quality of this. Toni x

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh Chris love your page, great textures and I adore the muted colour tones!

Unknown said...

Love the greys and blues Chris, you have such a beautiful unique style with your pages which I just adore. I could see page being printed and copied for cards mainstream - it's amazing!! xx

Meggymay said...

Fantastic page Chris, super texture and stencil layers. So pleased you have joined our first challenge at Stamps and Stencils.
Yvonne xx

massofhair said...

Beautiful soft colours through the layering and textures. A fabtastic page Chris:-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I agree that this bird is wonderful. You did a super job and I really LIKE your lettering.

Pamellia said...

Oh wow Chris, this is one of my favourites!! I love the blues and blacks together and your bird is so graceful! Wonderful textures too! hugs :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for linking to Art Journal Journey! Hugs Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

It's a beautiful page Chris.. you do right to take the colors that you like.. so it's your special version of Dina Style! Great that you share it with us at Art Journal Journey!
Thank you for linking it to us!
xxx
Susi

experiments in paper said...

Hi, Chris - Love your use of Dina's stamps and your own color palette!! Gorgeous, and so evocative of early spring, which is still the case here in my neck of the woods (I hope - it still feels like the dregs of winter still!). At any rate, wonderful piece - and your lettering is quite nice! xx Lynn

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous page Chris and it's wonderful that you can interpret someone else's style and inspiration into your own. Glad you enjoyed the workshop and had a great Easter, now enjoy the weekend lol.
Thanks for sharing with me again.
hugs brenda xxxx

Words and Pictures said...

I love your smoky colour palette, Chris - great to let the inspiration from Dina's workshop mutate its way into your own crafting style.
Alison xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Chris,
Your page has wonderful movement, and I love the palette.
Smiles:)
Sue

Ruth said...

Just adore the muted colours here Chris, sure Dina would approve, gorgeous Journal pages...I'm on a mahoosive catchup visiting and thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x