Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Guest Designing at Country View Craft Challenges

I was so lucky to have won a challenge and a £20 voucher at Country View Challenges and was delighted to be asked to be Guest Designer today - the challenge is to Use Kraft Card, which just happens to be one of my favourites!
I needed an Anniversary card for a young(ish) couple we know so made a card with a bit of fun to it!!
If you have come from the Country View Challenge site you will have seen 'Mr' - there's also a bit about me there too!
Here is 'Mrs'
I love this accordion die but felt a bit lazy so I used a ready folded card and lined it up to cut away from the edge (this wouldn't work if you are making an accordion card as you would need the tabs)


Next I stamped my birds onto another piece of Kraft card - a Woodware set called (appropriately) Love Birds - using Paper Artsy Fresco paint - Snowflake

I used slightly watered down Snowflake paint to dab through Memory Box Diamond and Flourish stencils.This was for the outside of the card.
Using a tip from my lovely friend Lindsay I decorated the card before assembling - much easier!
The Spellbinders Bird Scroll was made with some patterned paper and cut down and repeated, with the birds having hopped around a bit!!! For the flowers and leaves I used the same papers. A few more little flowers were cut using my Hydrangea punch.
Now I expect you are wondering just what Mr Bird was after…..
….well….
….a kiss from his love of course!!

The stamped flower was a little one I found floating around in a stamp box - I used Rose and Lake Wanaka paint(and little bit of Snowflake) to stamp them and to colour in the birds. I used a white Unibal Signo to give centres to the flowers.

I hope you like my card enough to inspire you to take part in the challenge and that you will take a look at the fabulous samples from the CV design team - a talented bunch if ever there was one!!

Thank you for looking, Chris





18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Very beautiful card and a wonderful shape to show off the images.

Love Chrissie xx

Margik said...

Great project and fabulous design. Love the cute images. Well done, Chris!
Hugs, Mar

Pamellia said...

Congrats on your guest design spot Chris, they are lucky to have you for inspiration! Love your kraft make! Fabulous palette with all the white stamping and stencilling then adding a touch of pastel! Amazing design too! Love it! hugs :)

massofhair said...

HUGE congratulations on your GD spot Chris, your kraft card is fantastic, the die is amazing never seen this one before and can see how useful it would be. Your Fresco stamping is wonderful i do like the effect very much :-) xxx

Redanne said...

What a great card for your GD spot Chris, I love accordion cards and I love how you 'changed this up' and made it your own. The birds are fantastic too! Hugs, Anne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, that's a unique die. That card turned out fantastic, and I love the way you positioned the birds. Great anniversary card, indeed.

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely to have you with us for the Krafty theme, and what a stunning double card you've created. I love the look of the Fresco stencilling - gorgeous - and the birds are just lovely.
Alison xx

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet card, and congrats on your £20 win - how lovely!! Your young couple will love this xx

Julie Lee said...

Oh, I do love Kraft card! This is simply gorgeous, Chris! Love it! xx

Juliz Design Post said...

What a great idea aligning a card blank on this die. The Kraft card suits your birds and colour choice so beautifully. Congrats on being GD at Countryview.
Julie x

Meggymay said...

Congratulations Chris, this is a beautiful card and a super design.
Yvonne xx

Lula said...

Congrats Chris, great inspiration! I love kraft cards.

Lula said...

Congrats Chris, great inspiration! I love kraft cards.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Chris. xx

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh wow, what a cleverly designed card! Love it x

Mrs.B said...

Congratulations on the GDT spot. It's a great card.
Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

Congratulations on the GDT spot. It's a great card.
Avril xx