Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 13 April 2015

Growing up!

Good Morning everyone!I hope you all had a great weekend!
My grandchildren are growing up - the eldest will be a teenager on Thursday and my youngest grandson is 10 tomorrow - my granddaughter thinks she is a teenager even though she is only 8 - time has flown!!!
The card I made for the youngest uses an image that reminds of him…
…it is from Lindsay Mason's Sartorial Elegance set - although since I saw him last he has had his hair cut a little shorter!
Yesterday we had a family lunch at my eldest son's house - my new Daughter-in-Law had cooked a delicious Sunday roast for 12! (although we nearly missed it - she had left a message on my old phone number, fortunately my son rang to check why we hadn't replied!)
Luckily I had made my GS's card on Saturday! He was allowed to open his cards and presents(I copped out and put money in that was well received!)and he liked his card even though the hair was too long now!!

As you can see I am still enjoying making my own style of grunge patterns - something that I started to enjoy after buying the mini size Peony by IndigoBlu.

I would like to enter in the following challenges
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - In the Middle - my new favourite technique is in the middle of the card!
That's Crafty - Grunge, Grunge, Grunge Challenge  

Thanks for looking, Chris




11 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

A super card Chris and so perfect for this age group. I never know what to put on a card for my nieces and usually shamefully opt for the shop bought one !
Julie x

Pamellia said...

This is so much fun Chris! A wonderful masculine card and a great birthday card for your grandson! hugs :)

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super card! Great design. Scary how quick our 'babies' grow up, but then I'm sure our parents/grandparents said same about us!! Take care Zo xx

Helen said...

what a lovely family gathering that sounds! the card is great... what is it about children who want to be teenagers before their time... I suppose we were the same!!.. have a good week.

Meggymay said...

Thats a fabulous card for your grandson, a great image and background to go with it.
Yvonne xx

Nikki Acton said...

Wonderful Chris - such a fun creation. Nxx

froebelsternchen said...

fantastic design Chris!

massofhair said...

How fabulous to be invited to Sunday roast dinner, yum! Your card is absolutely fabulous Chris and i am sure your GS would have loved it. Fabulous bit of grunge :-) xxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog :) - Ashli

Michelle said...

What a fun card! I love that the image reminds you of your little one. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

~Michelle

http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com
P.S. Good luck entering the teenage years. They aren't as bad as you may have heard. :)

Words and Pictures said...

Ah - you have a busy birthday April too, I see! Love this card - the image is great, and beautifully coloured for a grungy look.
Alison xx