Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 29 April 2015

GD for DD

Yes, those lovely folk at Dragons Dream TIO have invited me to be Guest Designer for their new topic 'Black and Stencils' - Thank you, especially Helen who has chosen this recipe!

As you may know I love stencils and if you saw my post yesterday you may also like to know that in my teens I spent a lot of time wearing black - much against my Mum's wishes - she would have preferred me to be more girly!!
Like a lot of girls in those days I would dream of being a model like Twiggy, which then got me thinking about photographs which then led to a "What If?"….photographs had been around in the Middle Ages, which led to this..any excuse to use my favourite stamps!
  Peacock Feathers DI all over the tag then stencils using blue, black and gold.
The images are all Lynne Perella by Paper Artsy. The film reel is using a punch I've had since I started crafting.
Of course, these aren't the real characters from that time  - just actors - extras in a film and these are the stills!!!

Hope you have lots of fun with your stencils - the Dragons Dream Design Team have!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great tag, love the punch you have used. Have a nice day, hugs from Valerie

catherine said...

This is just a stunning tag for our challenge as GDT this week Chris-love it
x catherine

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh Chris I LOVE this one!!! Brilliant background with those stencils, love the golden edge and the other additions just look perfect!

Juliz Design Post said...

What a great idea, beautiful.
Julie x

Julie Lee said...

Oh Chris, this is great! I so loved Twiggy back in the day! Oh, how I longed to be like her, but I was a tiny five foot nothing with tight, dark curly hair! It was great when curls came into fashion eventually and I didn't have to get a perm, though! This is a brilliant idea for a tag - those lovely Lynne Perrella images all on a film strip - fantastic! Great to have you with us, dreaming your beautiful dreams with the Dragons. xxx

massofhair said...

Fantastic Tag Chris, great idea to use an old film reel of LP beauties. Wonderful background, so many wonderful colours and textures from the stencils :-) xxx

Helen said...

what a wonderful tag, I LOVE the background!! Thanks for being GD for us again at TIO

Redanne said...

OMGoodness Chris, this is fabulous! I love the film strip and the images and your background is stunning! Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

Congratulations on your guest designer spot. This is a fantastic tag, super images and colours,
Yvonne xx

Unknown said...

oooh more yummy goodness over at Chris' blog!! Love the gold and the teal tones together!!! Hugs, Georgie xx

chrissie said...

Wonderful tag. I love the use of the gold and the stand out images

Chrissie xx

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Chris!! Love the colours and your stencil work is amazing! I love the way your curled the film at the end, great detail! hugs :)

Pamellia said...

Not sure if my comment went through, something peculiar happened. Your tag is stunning Chris! I love the colours and your amazing work with the stencils! The curled ribbon is a fabulous detail! hugs :)