Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 10 April 2015

Dreaming in colour!!

There's a great challenge at Dragons Dream TIO this time! It's number 188 - A rainbow of colours and there's some great inspiration from the Design Team. I am really enjoying playing with brighter colours at the moment - makes a change from my love of darker colours!
It started with a section of distress inks rubbed randomly over the tag, I threw a few sprinkles of water at it but they don't show …
…maybe just a little bit here!
I then used one of my favourite 'things' of the moment - using parts of my many background stamps to create a random mix!
The flowers are from Darcy's EDY10 set, stamped onto book paper then mounted onto black card and cut around. I stamped again onto more book paper, coloured the centre in, cut it out and then turned up the edges before sticking it on to the centre of the flower.
(Aagh! just looking at the words showing - I used my old college text book - this page was milk , but I didn't choose very carefully where I stamped!!!)


There are some colourful challenges around at the moment Our Creative Corner and Craft Stamper also have some brilliant examples too!

I am entering 
Dragons Dream TIO 188 - A rainbow of colours
Craft Stamper - Take it, Make it challenge - Colour
Our Creative Corner - Colour your World

Thanks for looking, and Thank You also for your comments, I do enjoy reading them! 
Chris

18 comments:

Annie said...

Loving this very colourful and detailed tag Chris. Love all the fabulous layers of stencilling and your flowers are stunning.
Have a lovely weekend
Annie x

Ps check out the new challenge at Stamps and Stencils too x

Unknown said...

WOW WOW WOW that background is just pure urban grunge at it's best!! I'm in love!! :) Gorgeous tag Chris, I love your style xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'll be heading to bed soon, and after seeing this gorgeous beauty, I'll be dreaming in color, too. I also like the background you have created. I can see why you are pulling all those stamps together. they work well in this situation.

Pamellia said...

This is beautiful Chris!! What a fantastic combination of colours and stamping! Love your flowers! Fabulous, whimsical tag! hugs :)

Annie said...

Such an amazing background! The color and mix of your stamping is beautiful. The black behind the flowers looks so great. And wonderful flowers even tho they read of disagreeable odors, bacterial spoilage and bitter milk. LoL Beauty amongst the disagreeable is still beauty. They really do look great!

Words and Pictures said...

So lovely, Chris - as Annie says, the background is amazing with all those layers of colour and stamping - a really fantastic tag!
Alison xx

Mrs.B said...

Great tag Chris, love your book paper flowers agains the colourful background.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

Oh this is lovely Chris, the colours in the background are beautiful and I love your layers of stamping! Beautiful work! Hugs, Anne xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Fabulous background layering Chris and your flowers are perfect to compliment it.
Julie xx

Moore Art From The Heart said...

Chris this tag is wonderful! I love the background colors and the way you made the flowers stand out with the black behind them. The saying on the tag fits the Spring theme so well.Thank you for entering it in our challenge "Color Your World" at Our Creative Corner. Happy Spring to you, xxx Laurie

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, what a gorgeous Tag...I love ♥ it. xxx

Margik said...

Fabulous tag with a great background. Love the beautiful and original flowers too.
Mar x

Artyjen said...

Love the range of images on your fab coloured background ;)
xoxo Sioux

catherine said...

This is a fabulous tag Chris. Love the colours and the layout. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work and have become your latest follower
x catherine

Julie Lee said...

Such a great background idea,Chris and I love the way you used the Darcy flowers with book text! This is a great rainbow tag. Thank You for dreaming with the Dragons. xxx

ElizabethR said...

This is gorgeous Chris love the background, thank you for joining in with us at the Craft Stamper challenge, Elizabeth (pssst and thank you for joining in at the Dragons Dream ;) xxx

froebelsternchen said...

SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful tag .... great use of colour. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ..good luck! Linda xx