Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Back to the Sixties!!

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is a favourite for me - 1960's/Retro! I hope you will pop over to have a look at the fun we've been having!

I must first apologise to anyone younger than 60 and to anyone not living in the UK in the 60's as this may be new to you!

I became a teenager in 1960 and they were THE most exciting times to be a teenager!
The Beatles had their first hit - Love Me Do in 1962 and I first heard it on a very tinny sounding transistor radio!

Friday nights in a small village were dull but the highlight of the week was a programme called READY STEADY GO - we looked at the London fashions, saw our favourite pop stars and believed we could be as trendy!!!

There is a link to see some of the programme here

My page is a tribute to that programme - done in my large Dylusions journal
I started by drawing some small flowers and a Ban the Bomb symbol in the corner, then using Paper Artsy Fresco paints stamped lots of Artemio flowers. Some smaller flowers were stamped with Adirondack inks and I used my black Pitt pen to fill in between the flowers(I had a dress in similar fabric)
I had drawn out a rough plan of what I wanted to add.
I coloured some card - cut to size - with Mustard Seed DI then used a stencil to add Stormy Sky DI -I think!! I used a set of alphabet stamps to spell to The Weekend Starts Here - the motto of the show!
I then cut some retro circles from some paper I've had hanging around for ages.
I used a lighter colour for my numbers to sit on. All I needed then were some images from the internet and my numbers - using the Print Shop application on my Mac!
5-4-3-2-1 was the theme tune to the show sung by Manfred Mann and …...just because I could…...I added in the bottom right, the first two albums I bought when we bought a Record Player ( good old Dansette for those who remember it!)Joe Brown is still one of my favourite entertainers and of course everyone knows who the Beatles were…don't you???….. 
I outlined the figures (Twiggy, Cathy McGowan and a fashion model)with black pitt pen too.

I know there's a lot going on here, BUT that was THE SIXTIES!!!!

Thanks for indulging me in the ramble..…err…..if you are still here!
I hope that some of you had a "trip" back in time lol!!

I do hope you feel inspired by the fabulous examples by the Try It On Tuesday team to have a go at this fun topic!

Thanks for looking, Chris

18 comments:

sirkkis said...

Gogeaus, Chris. There are all (except Jaqueline Kennedy) my idols of those golden days.
Have a happy day,
hugs xx

Unknown said...

Super groovy!! :) I wasn't around in the sixties but so wish I was. I love hearing about you tale of the sixties too. This is a mind-blowing page Chris, love everything about it - hugs, Georgie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, very reminiscent of those lovely times back in the sixties. Hugs, Valerie

Artyjen said...

Just so very 60's ;) Love the pop art vibe....great
xoxo Sioux

froebelsternchen said...

This is JUST WONDERFUL Chris... you made me thinking about this time and the time now...
there are many similarities to nowadays..my daughter (14) does nearly the same but they have much more possibilities with facebook, whats app and so on.. but they are not so different to the teens from the 60ies, 70ies and 80ies
What a FANTASTI C page Chris!

Pamellia said...

Totally groovy Chris!! So many wonderful colours and images from the era, great take on the 60's theme! hugs :)

Juliz Design Post said...

Wow Chris I can tell you have had a lot of fun and reminiscing doing this wonderful journal page. It is absolutely stunning in every way and it certainly screams out the sixties perfectly. I could have seen this being used for an album cover by the Beatles.
Julie x

chrissie said...

Wonderful ideas for this terrific piece of art

Love Chrissie xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous page Chris, it really made me smile :) xx

Margik said...

This page is so fantastic, Chris! Love the colours and all amazing images.
Hugs, Mar

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful flower power creation that certainly does depict the 60's beautifully dear Chris!
oxo

Redanne said...

Absolutely wonderful Chris, I love how you added Twiggy and the Beatles - and of course the CND symbol too. I only arrived in the UK in 1968 so missed some of the Beatles earlier stuff and also Ready, Steady, Go but I definitely remember how fabulous the 60's were. I do remember Jean Shrimpton though, she was gorgeous and I used to try to recreate the beautiful clothes she wore - those were the days!! Thanks for the memories! Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

Fantastic page Chrissie , Flower power at its awesome best. Those certainly were days to remember.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous page Chris. This is flower power at its best with all those bright colours. Love the collection of images.
Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous page Chris. This is flower power at its best with all those bright colours. Love the collection of images.
Avril xx

Lula said...

Stunning page Chris, that's what I call 60's feeling!

Lula said...

Stunning page Chris, that's what I call 60's feeling!

massofhair said...

So glad i got to experience the 60's Chris, i was very young but do remember lots like the cartoons we had, Four Feather Falls, Gilligans Island, Fireball XL5 and more.

Fantastic page, so groovy baby :-) xxx