Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 27 January 2015

2 fer!

I am enjoying playing in my journal and I've been encouraged by Brenda at Bumblebees and Butterflies

This first page started, as often happens by just using up some grey paint, which I wiped onto my page with a baby wipe. It is the first page in a new journal - from Rymans with smooth white paper.
From here I had the idea that I wanted to make a monochrome page - I had bought Sara Nauman's Paper Artsy Eclectica set ESN09 a while ago but it was still in it's packet!! The stamps include a set of random marks and I chose to repeat two of them over the page. I also spattered some Fresco paint - Little Black dress over the page too.
 It was really just a case of those early beginnings….. 
 …..and the addition of the boy prince from Paper Artsy's Lynne Perrella set LPC013 stamped onto the page then onto white paper and cut out. The three strips are from the same stamp - they were the border.

I added the word stamp from Sara Nauman's set ESN04 and a small piece of sticky backed plastic from a shoe decorating kit I bought in Boots sale for £1.30p. Still not happy, I added more buildings from the prince's crown along the bottom of the page to arrive at this.
The next page was started the same way with swiped paint only this time deliberately!
 This time using Paper Artsy Fresco paint - Irish Cream and the same Sara Nauman set(ESN09)
I then stamped the image from Paper Artsy Lynne Perrella set LPCO09 onto tissue paper and stuck it on with Multi Medium Matte. I added some cut out the bird and cage images from some of my Mambi Paper and some from a little pad I bought at a craft show that I have split and left the main pad at our caravan so don't know exactly what it was but it has a lovely flower image in the corner! I also used some of the same piece to stamp the quote from ESN09
 I think I may be breaking out into colour for my next page!!!
I am linking to Brenda's Visual Journey link party here and planning to make a few visits as soon as I can.

Please bear with me over the visiting and commenting - when we go to our caravan there are very few times when I get a connection(phone or other wise and I like to ring my family when I can)At the moment we are home but I have had to attend meetings and appointments so I am still struggling to catch up - if you leave me a comment on any of my posts I will always try to get back to visit you! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow it really does look as if you've had fun playing . Great journal pages, the layering is beautiful xx

Redanne said...

You are a natural at this journalling Chris, both pages are gorgeous! Hope it is not too cold and windy where you are! Hugs, Anne xx

Julie Lee said...

Chris, I just love, love, love these journal pages! The effect with the LP stamps is so exciting and different! You are such an inspiring journaler! Is that a word, I wonder??? xx

Pamellia said...

Two gorgeous pages Chris! I sure do love birds and birdcages, what a lovely collage! hugs :)

Brenda Brown said...

These are gorgeous Chris, I just love the first page with the incredible depth you have achieved and a very ethereal monotone look to it. The second page is just as lovely with gorgeous images and quote. Thanks so much for sharing these with me at Visual Journey. xxxx

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic journal pages! Great inky backgrounds!

crafty creations said...

Brilliant pages Chris - I love journaling when I am at the caravan too

experiments in paper said...

Love these! Thanks for showing your process also..... great backgrounds to these perfect stamps!

Words and Pictures said...

These are both beautiful, Chris - I'm loving the neutrals you're playing with at the moment, and what outstanding deployment of the LP stamps - just wonderful.
Alison xx