Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 5 May 2014

Fashionista - me?

Those who know me will also know that I'm very much a shirt and jeans kinda gal, but when I saw a challenge that would also allow me to use up some of my scraps I decided that a veer into the world of fashion might be fun! 
On Thursday my lovely friends Sarah and Nichola came along for a play date. Sarah had brought some beautiful crocheting to do but Nichola was up for a challenge! My first thought was to use up some of my scraps leftover from other projects. My scraps are getting a bit out of hand now, I promise to photograph them when we get home. At the moment we are trying to get the caravan garden in some sort of order! 
I got two of the huge tags from Paper Artsy and one of my scrap folders and we set to! Now this is where I should show photos but guess what - we were having such fun and chatting away that the camera stayed in it's case!
Nichola was happy with her tag though! I wasn't that happy, so decided to bring it away with me(I have more scraps here of course!)
This is what I came up with!
 I made a skirt for the dress form using the bottom part of some paper I used to cut some leaves, not quite big enough for a full dress! The little cotton holders came from a card that had held buttons. I stamped the dress form onto a page I had torn out of a Sunday supplement (because it had a web site I wanted)when I realised it was on the back of  fashion page!
My new stencils got an airing too!
Here is a photo from the side
The button and the little linen tag were in my bit box here at the caravan.
I would like to enter the following challenges

 Frilly and Funkie Challenge blog where the inspiration came from, with their challenge this time - On the Runway
and also 
Our Creative Corner where the theme is Love Those Leftovers (another excuse to use up my scraps he!he!)

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, what a gorgeous Tag, I love ♥ it. xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Chris, Such a lovely tag and your fringed skirt is very effective. Julie x

Julie Lee said...

Such a lovely tag! I love the skirt on the mannequin and all the scrappy details! It sounds as if you all had such a fun time too! Julie Ann xxx

Sarah Steer Stitches said...

I love the additions to the tag, Chris. Really finishes it off beautifully. And thanks for hosting such a fun play-date x

Claudia N. said...

LOVE how you have used up some of your scraps, Chris! A brilliant tag! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner!

Claudia x

Sarah Anderson said...

Ooo great tag Chris, sounds like you had a fun day x x

Jenny Marples said...

What a great way to use up some of those scraps and create a lovely vintage sewing tag Chris. Thank you so much for joining us both at Frilly and Funkie and at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

More lovely scraps being put to such good use... I love that pleated skirt and wonderful torn layers... Gorgeous tag, Chris, and thank you for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison xx

Zue said...

You could be turning into a fashion designer extraordinaire, Chris.
Enjoy your gardening!
Sue xxx

Laurart said...

So glad you found more scraps to spare Chris! This is gorgeous! I adore any fashion based crafts and this is very beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner! Love from Laura xxx