Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 1 May 2014

Broken Heart!

I've missed taking part in some challenges of late, we were away of course! That said, even when we were home we were busy with grandchildren, appointments, parties and cinema trips so could only get in my crafty space on a few occasions!
I love the Dragon's Dream Tag It On challenges and until now haven't had time to play along!
The challenge this time for challenge TIO 165 is B and a Flower set by Elizabeth(her son Tom's idea, and I loved the inspiration from the design team!)
So here is my tag
The beautiful girl has a broken heart because her beau has b......d off(that's buzzed of course!)so of course she's feeling blue!
I used some packaging for my tag and as I tore it there were some interesting bits still clinging so they were left on. Everything was covered with a watered down gesso. I then inked through a couple of stencils(yes, I did use the new one!) The heart was one left over from the wedding invitations(there's a tale to tell but not this time!)- broken by scissors! The lady is a Lynne Perrella one that had been stamped onto a scrap and then not used and the layers of the flower were also from one of my scrap folders.
The words were on a small scrap leftover from die cutting and just jumped out at me as I was going to reject it(originally from hubby's King Arthur book)The fibres and net are from a box of random bits and pieces that sits at the back of my desk! The buttons(Ooh! another b!)are from my button mug!

As I've used a lot of things left over from other projects I would also like to enter the Challenge at Our Creative Corner - Love Those Leftovers.

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely and utterly beautiful, Chris - the colours are so subtle and ethereal, and all the texture is glorious. One of my top favourites of yours ever... Thank you so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner. With your creative use of scraps, I'm guessing we may be seeing you quite often this month!!
Alison xx

Julie Lee said...

What a lovely tag! I adore the texture and the beautiful use of corrugated card packaging - oh, and naturally the Lynne Perrella stamp! I do hope the lady's heart will mend! How could it not when she features on a gorgeous tag like this. Thank you for dreaming with the Dragons! It's great to have you along, Chris Julie Annxxx.

Juliz Design Post said...

Love your tag Chris, fabulous result and to think made from scraps.Makes it a worthwhile having boxes full of little bits.I love corrugated cardboard too its great for playing with and best of all is free !!

Anonymous said...

Morning Chris, what a gorgeous Tag, I love it. Be in touch soon, promise! Love S xxx

Sarah Steer Stitches said...

That's lovely Chris! And it was great to see you yesterday too x

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Chris, you tag is BRILLIANT, I just love it, I think scraps make the most beautiful creations,, love the corrugate, the stamp is beautiful and the arrangement with the flower is gorgeous, it's a fabulous tag for both challenges, thanks for sharing. Have wonderful weekend, ((( BIG HUGS )))..

Redanne said...

Oh Chris, I do love this beautiful tag, it is gorgeous! Anne xx

ElizabethR said...

"B" is for beautiful!!! What a gorgeous tag thank you for sharing with us at the Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a great story behind this tag. Gorgeous creation. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On this fortnight.

May said...

Love the story & the tag is fabulous...the design is beautiful....Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream challenge... Hugs May x x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You should know that if it involves recycled or repurposed materials, I'm going to love it. That corrugated cardboard adds just the perfect touch to the tag. Of course, I adore the way you embossed the broken heart. It is what sets this tag apart. As always, a lovely addition to your repertoire.

Gabrielle said...

Fabulous tag - love the thought and sentiments behind it! Sorry I'm so late in popping over to see you - but a very belated thank you for joining in with us at Dragons Dream TIO xxx

Laurart said...

Absolutely beautiful as always! This is such a gorgeous tag! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner! Love from Laura xxx