Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 27 April 2014

What am I like?!!

The answer to that is quite clearly someone with a slightly warped sense of humour! 
I've been wanting to enter the challenge at Our Creative Corner since it was set by Alison but somehow couldn't decide on a song! I do tend to sing or hum to myself most of the day whether there's music playing or not! But choice of song.....
Eventually settled on 'Everybody Hurts' - the REM song...no...too depressing....'Imitation of Life' ...same again - although both of these songs were ones I would sing on my way into work at a very bad time of my life!
By this time I had no more time to do anything at home or at the caravan - outings etc! Came home and suddenly an idea - my Lynne Perrella stamps - all those grumpy faces! They needed cheering up so turned to my journal - the page already had mop up splashes of red, yellow, orange so stencils out with Copper and Brushed Pewter distress stain and some dribbly bits to boot!!! I stamped the faces by using Distress Markers to pick out just the faces and stamped them onto random scraps from a scrap folder, some more Brushed Pewter around the edges!

I used the computer for shiny and people and an Artistic Stamper word 'Happy'.

Now do they look happier?

Thanks for looking, Chris

I am linking this to 
Our Creative Corner challenge "With a Song in Your Heart"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Chris....I love ♥ your page. They really are 'Shiny Happy People'....Fantastic. xxx

Dianne said...

Oh Miss Chris this is a brilliant take on the challenge, I wanted to enter it but no time, the stamping is fantastic on the scraps and it sure makes me happy, thanks for sharing and your support it means the world to me, hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))...

Lynn Stevens said...

I'm so glad you decided on a happy song. So much better to see those faces smiling!!!
Hugs Lynn

Cath Wilson said...

Excellent,Chris - nice to hear how your head works... x

Redanne said...

Your collage of faces is brilliant Chris and yes, I do think they look reasonably happy....... xx

Words and Pictures said...

An absolute delight, Chris - this put a big shiny smile on my face... Yes, the default expression for LP women does seem to be a little grim, but the metallics and that rosy ruby background have perked them up no end. A great interpretation of the song title - thank you so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!
Alison xx

Julie Lee said...

What a brilliant choice of song! I had never thought about how the LP ladies seldom smile! I love what you've done with them! This is a terrific journal spread: it certainly made me smile! Julie Ann xxx

Claudia N. said...

One of my favourite songs and your shiny happy people are fab too! LOVE the idea behind your journal page and enjoyed reading your post so much! Thank you!
Thanks as well for joining in the challenge at Our Creative Corner!

Hugs,
Claudia x