Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 5 February 2013

You win some - you lose some!

I had a card to make for a male relative this week but didn't bring anything away with me remotely manly! I did bring my Craft Stamper which arrived before we came away and I saved until we got here (just to prove I do have some craftwise will power lol)
I also had a little shopping expedition to Kendal so popped into Kitten and the Goat just down the road from my favourite Reticule fabric shop. The shop is amazingly well stocked for such a small space and Pandy has lots of examples of her own work on display - scrumptious!
I only went in for some little pink gems to mend something for Rita, but as Pandy was showing me the colours she had I spied some fantastic papers - The Chronology range by Docraft - all steampunky and manly - hmmm, OK, then up above them Tando Creative steampunky hearts and some lovely keys, hmmm, OK, Pandy showed me something she had made and I have seen lots of projects on blogs so I came away with those and very happy was I!
I was meeting hubby in WH Smiths and guess what, on the front of magazine a Chronology stamp with lots of cogs, a globe and a watch - so, I have my ingredients!
Saturday evening, feet up, magazines open found something that inspired me so gave it a go on Sunday
Not happy, smudged the ink, and a slightly odd shape, so yesterday, another cold windy day I made this
Much happier and this is the one I'll send.
So if you want to see the original it is in the March Craft Stamper
Paula used a Stampotique stamp, which looks amazing but I think my steampunk version looks ok too!
Thanks for looking, Chris

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Got the mag and saw the article. Yours is tops and full of your own imagination.
xx

Words and Pictures said...

Very cool card, Chris - the final version is really fabulous with the tiny letters too!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, your card looks more than ok......It's fabulous. :-) Be in touch properly soon, I promise....Thanks for all your lovely blog comments, they mean a lot. XXXX