Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 29 October 2012

I don't but my grand-daughter does...

Halloween that is! It's been a while since I posted but a lot has been going on! Such as ...meeting up with Ann and Pat in Leeds!(great to meet up and spend money on crafty things as well),going to see the extremely talented Lindsay Mason demonstrate at Cardcraft in Lancaster(you should have seen what she was making-incredible baubles, which I hope she does a tutorial for on her blog-hint!hint!), spending time with family at our caravan(and out and about), going to appointments(my sugar level is up :( and needs monitoring)and trying to unpack more of those bloomin' boxes! 
So...some of the goodies I bought in Leeds went to the caravan to be used by my grandchildren - only thing is Scrabble and technology won as far as my grandson is concerned!
What did we make? Well, a few weeks ago I bought a set of Artistic Stamper jars and decided they would make super spooky halloween bunting!
Emily is becoming quite a stamping expert,she didn't think we had enough jars so just set out to stamp some more,when I told her there wouldn't be enough room on the paper she surprised me by saying she had already measured up and that she could get four more!
You may be able to see that we used an assortment of stickers, stamps and spooky colours, she was able to pick out parts of stamps(found a small TH atc stamp with a small skull on it,and she loves Lindsay's 'Henpecked and stitched up by the cat' from her 'Off The Wall' range)) by using distress markers.
We managed to make our bunting go the whole length of the caravan living room

and then scoop it up ready to take home...
...and balance a pound coin at the same time!!


Of course I didn't keep her slaving all the time - we went off to South Lakes Zoo and she got to feed some penguins
We also went on a visit to Farfield Mill near Sedburgh where she caught the weaving bug(the photos are on my phone - when I get them on to the computer I will show you pics)
Ok, enough of showing off my little treasure! I'll leave you with this picture of a wonderful sunset we had while up North!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx


2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

The bunting looks great... I love that Emily was all prepped with her measuring! Fabulous sunset, thank you for sharing it...
Alison x

Zue said...

You can't underestimate the brilliance of the minds of young ones.
The caravan looks very posh and that sunset..wow!
Stop eating the chocolate;)
xxxx