Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 29 September 2011

A journal page..

 a birthday card and a sneaky peek!
I started these pages some time ago in my little moleskine but it's taken me until now to finish it. I thought it would be just right for Dawn's 'inclusion/tags' journal challenge. 

It started out by being a mop-up page for a flower stencil to which I added some watercolour paint, flowers dabbed through a small flower that I had used on a card,some ripped leftover paper and some hearts cut out of some more mop-up paper(anyone would think I don't own any paper he! he!)I made the tag by swiping with distress stains and dabbing more paint through the flower shape and then turning it over to make a further flower shape. I was going to stamp the words but then decided that Sakura pens might look nicer(not sure about that tho')
I sent this card to a good friend the other day, I hope she liked it even though it was made from scraps!!
The stamped image is part of a Crafty Individuals stamp, which I stamped onto some more mop up paper using Adirondak ginger ink. This was then mounted onto  scrap of fabric from a bundle I bought in a sale, little flower cut out and then built up with more cut out flowers and all mounted onto a script stamp from Kaisercraft. A leftover peel-off(I've given loads away)and a coloured insert and I was quite pleased with this one.
I'm still battling away with sorting 'stuff' but took time out this morning to prepare a background for my 365/11 journal (see Kate's blog here)so here's just a sneaky peek at what I've started.


 Right back to work, I can't take everything!!!
Enjoy the sunshine!! Thanks for looking, Chris

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now what a fantastic journal page. Loving all the mop up paper you used and you managed to get a stencil in as well fantastic! Thank you for joining in Journal Journey's for September ;0) and your going to love Octobers theme ;0)

I have to say I really like the card too. love how you have used scraps and a partial stamp very clever!

Love Dawn xx

patcrafts said...

Gorgeous journal page love the colour and brill idea to include tags and all this from a mop up page!
Like Dawn love the card too, very clever. Now let's see the finished Oct pages says she who hasn't done hers yet and I am off to Prague on Thursday with L'pool Lou.xx