Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 25 August 2011

Three sided coin anyone?

I've got a dilemma, I'm going to a Kate Crane(yes,the Kate Crane!)workshop with my friend Sarah and I'm supposed to take a small journal.The thing is I don't know what to do....should I take one I've started already...or should I take said 'one I've started already' and turn it upside down and start from the back....or do I take a new one(I do have one that I bought as part of a special offer)? I'm also so excited that I'm not thinking straight at all and with de-cluttering, thinking we may have found our new home and having our decking re-vamped - it's now a lovely shade of green thanks to hubby and eldest son, I suppose come Saturday morning I'll grab both and decide when I get there!


It was our anniversary on Tuesday and my son who was staying with us went off with my grandson for the night to go camping(in his words "to leave us lovebirds on our own"!!)It was nice to go out and not feel guilty about leaving them with baked beans on toast he!he!We found a lovely pub, 'The Lunesdale Arms' in Tunstall near Kirby Lonsdale and had a fabulous meal in peaceful surroundings! 


I didn't have much time for crafting other than make fish and sharks with my grandson - lots of shiny stickles involved(a very aptly named product where my grandson is concerned!!!)
I did however complete a journal page that I'd already started.One night I went out onto the decking and looked up and through the stars could actually see the Milky Way - I know....small pleasures, but it inspired me to make this page.
The background was a very bright pink but by the time I'd added Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans distress stains and let them move around before spritzing then mopping up, then dabbing Corduroy Distress ink around a star, sprayed everything lightly with Silver Perfect Pearl spray and stamped with some spotty Kaisercraft background stamps I was happy enough to add a Crafty Individuals image and add some words and a bit of doodling!


So, tomorrow we are off for a couple more viewings to confirm (or not) whether we are actually going to make a decision!!


Thanks for looking and Thank you too for your comments, they are much appreciated, Chris     

3 comments:

Artyjen said...

Never been on a journal class so I can't help...why not try an e-mail/comment on Kate's blog?
Happy Anniversary!
xoxo Sioux

patcrafts said...

Chris it doesn't matter at all which journal you take so long as it is a small one. We regulars have ones that have pages completed and pages that are blank. I have a new one and 2 already started. There are no rules so don't stress about it anything goes. Oh and Dyan sells journals of all sizes at reasonable prices.
Congratulations on your WA glad you had a lovely evening.
I love your beautiful journal page.
See you tomorrow looking forward to meeting everyone Ann(Flutterby Crafter) and i can be found in Starbucks at 9am. xx

flutterbycrafter said...

Great journal page, lovely colours. It was nice to meet you yesterday and some nice birthday cake too from She. Hope you enjoyed your day xx